“maybe I just have bad luck” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Fish Company

Island Fish Company
Ranked #22 of 90 Restaurants in Marathon
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
miami Fl
“maybe I just have bad luck”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2007

I went here yesterday with some firends and we were famished. we had heard good things about this place so we decided to tryit out. I thought the atmosphere was great. and every thing was going well until I bit down on something crunchy and hard. I Had to spit out my food and cough a few times to get it out of my throat. turns our it was a piece of GLASS that I had been chewing on. This was very scary for me... the waitress quicky got the manager who gave us our meals free but we had all lost our appitite by then. Maybe it was just me.. maybe i just have bad luck.. but it really ruined my night.

2 Thank bambea1

• Polish first
New Orleans
“THE BEST IN MARATHON!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2007

I have eaten here every time I visit Marathon and have never been disappointed. The food is always good (eat any of the fish items). On my last visit my wife and I split some conch fritters (very good and meaty), a blackened dolphin sandwich (one of the best things on thier menu in my opinion), and of course their famous fried key lime pie. The food is always great, but the real reason to visit the Island Tiki is ths "Fried Key Lime Pie". In my opinion this is the very best desert available anywhere in the keys. The pie is lightly battered and the deep fried and coated with cinammon sugar. Finally it is topped with some whipped cream and a little mango sauce. This dessert is truly to die for and puts all of the "regular" key lime pie desserts to shame! THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST DESSERTS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! Don't miss this restaurant on your next trip to the keys!

Lumberton, NJ
“saved the best for last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2007

We were in Marathon for a week, and wanted to have one "nice dinner' on our last night. We stopped in all of the restaurants and got copies of their menus, and decided on this place. We were not disappointed.
The waitstaff was very friendly and we had no problem with the service at all. We were seated immediately at one of the tables on the deck. The sunset was amazing, and my son loved feeding the fish right at our table. They have a vending machine where he could get a handful of food for a quarter, and this kept him occupied through most of the meal!
The whole meal was excellent, from the key lime coladas to the conch fritters, to the stuffed shrimp (lots of crab!). We didn't have dessert - too full - but it looked excellent. The meal came to $125 for all five of us, excluding the tip, which I think is very reasonable. I would definitely make this a stop on my next trip to the Keys.

2 Thank busysara
Tampa, Florida
“Good view if you can get past the service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

Food was good. Service was very slow and forgetful. Portions were huge. Kid friendly. Seems to be a local place with many bar patrons that get the staff's service faster for tipping reasons. Average dinner price was around $15 so somewhat pricey--and that was for pasta with chicken. Berry pie was superb. On the water so view was great at sunset--no indoor seating options.

3 Thank mantisgirl
Florida
“The best food, drinks, and view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2007

It was rainy and the atmosphere and view was still nice. The clams, shrimp, and calamari were excellent! Also, I must highly recommend the drink "A Pain in the [--]" for anyone who goes to this restaurant.

1 Thank npace22