Stayed from 2/6/07 to 2/16/07. Had originally booked a condo at SeaGulls through VRBO on Islamorada which was unacceptable due to the poor condition of the builiding.
Visited several "resorts" on Islamorada and Marathon which looked fantastic on the internet but extremely tacky in person. Once we arrived at Tranquility Bay we knew we had found our home away from home. Orianna assisted us in making our reservations and even took us on a tour of the unit before we booked. The two bedroom units were all booked that weekend due to a wedding but Orianna gave us a three bedroom unit at an agreeable price even though there were just the two of us.
We stayed in unit 45 and loved every minute of it. Our cottage was everything and more. We had one dinner at the Butterly Cafe our first night which was excellent. The live "music" however was horrible and we were glad that we chose to eat inside instead of on the porch where a woman was "singing". Most everyone around us was complaining about her lack of talent and her loud volume. Several diners moved into the restaurant just to get away from her. We later discoverd that she was the Mayor's daughter.....
Our cottage was comfortable and clean. All the staff we came in contact with were very friendly and helpful. Maintenance was quick and efficient when requested.
Our only regret was that we did not book at Tranquility Bay from the beginning. I had read earlier reviews which indicated that staff was rude. It seems that since then they have hired new staff and eliminated the earlier problems.
I recommend this resort highly and will definately stay here when we return to the keys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort located in Marathon Florida, the heart of the Florida Keys. Here you will find more than unrivaled peace and seclusion on your Florida Keys resort vacation, while overlooking the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Sink into serenity with one of our unique two or three bedroom beach houses. Our spacious Marathon Florida resort beach houses have 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 plus baths, gourmet kitchens, expansive porches overlooking the water, flat screen TVs, and handmade furniture, offering an idyllic Florida Keys resort experience nestled in a tropical oasis of calm and ease. Now you can also discover the addition of luxury single-level "Tropical Garden Guestrooms" which offer more intimate accommodations than the resort's larger beach houses. Enjoy all of the amenities of Tranquility Bay Resort with more affordable luxury in mind, and tropical garden views.Next, try award winning dining at Butterfly Cafe, a 2.5 acre white sand beach, world class fishing, diving, snorkeling and water sports, three tropical swimming pools, and our beachfront TJ's Tiki Bar, all framed by 12 acres of picturesque gardens. Located just 90 miles south of Miami and 45 miles north of historic Key West, Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort is easily reached by car or plane. Boasting delicious dining, Florida Keys' attractions, plus a nearby Championship 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, state parks with incredible beaches, protected waters for diving and some of the best sport fishing in the world, you can define your own paradise at our unique vacation destination in the Florida Keys. Find your center in the Middle Keys at Tranquility Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Hotel Marathon
- Tranquility Bay Beach Resort
- Tranquility Bay Beach Hotel