This was our second visit to TB, having stayed for a week last March. Our visit was a bit mixed this year.
Pros: Beautiful common areas - pools, landscaping, lawns and sand are extremely well-maintained and offer a haven from Marathon. Beach houses provide a lot of living space for families and are well-supplied. Centrally located in the Keys.
Cons: Nasty beach and lagoon areas filled with seaweed and what not. No fitted sheets on beds, and flat sheets aren't big enough to tuck in. Found kids sleeping on mattress in the morning - yuck. All sheets and towels are grey - a little bleach would probably remedy the situation. Made you think they were unclean. Housekeeping was fairly non-existent during our stay. So much so, it wasn't clear if the housekeepers had been there at all until we saw towels stacked on the table.
Upshot: Not a four star hotel by any measure, but certainly at the top of the heap for Marathon and its environs. So, stay here but lower your expectations for service and cleanliness and it will be fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort located in Marathon Florida, the heart of the Florida Keys. Here you will find more than unrivaled peace and seclusion on your Florida Keys resort vacation, while overlooking the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Sink into serenity with one of our unique two or three bedroom beach houses. Our spacious Marathon Florida resort beach houses have 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 plus baths, gourmet kitchens, expansive porches overlooking the water, flat screen TVs, and handmade furniture, offering an idyllic Florida Keys resort experience nestled in a tropical oasis of calm and ease. Now you can also discover the addition of luxury single-level "Tropical Garden Guestrooms" which offer more intimate accommodations than the resort's larger beach houses. Enjoy all of the amenities of Tranquility Bay Resort with more affordable luxury in mind, and tropical garden views.Next, try award winning dining at Butterfly Cafe, a 2.5 acre white sand beach, world class fishing, diving, snorkeling and water sports, three tropical swimming pools, and our beachfront TJ's Tiki Bar, all framed by 12 acres of picturesque gardens. Located just 90 miles south of Miami and 45 miles north of historic Key West, Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort is easily reached by car or plane. Boasting delicious dining, Florida Keys' attractions, plus a nearby Championship 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, state parks with incredible beaches, protected waters for diving and some of the best sport fishing in the world, you can define your own paradise at our unique vacation destination in the Florida Keys. Find your center in the Middle Keys at Tranquility Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Hotel Marathon
- Tranquility Bay Beach Resort
- Tranquility Bay Beach Hotel