My husband and I along with our 1 year old just came back from 5 wonderful days at TB.
Our 2 bedroom water view unit #55 was absolutely perfect. Bedrooms upstairs with balconies, master looking over the beautiful landscape and to the water. The fully stocked kitchen was perfect. Very clean on arrival and cleaned daily. The TB grounds were very well maintained, beautiful and very lush. The adult pool was an excellent escape for some R&R or to enjoy a book. The lagoon style pool was awesome for our daughter who does not know how to swim yet but was able to splash and run around in the zero-entry portion of the pool. The beach was wonderful as well. Plenty of chairs and palm trees for shade. Some days were better than others as far as the seaweed, but that is what you get when you go to the ocean. By no means was it ever a major issue while we were there. Water conditions are day to day, you have to blame that one on mother-nature! Oh and never once did we smell any kind of odor either. Another note I would like to mention is the fact that the Keys are not known for their beaches. Beautiful waters, diving, fishing yes... On these coral based islands its rare to find a good beach with a sandy water entrance, most are man-made. TB did a great job at their property. The tiki bar was a bit pricey but for a drink or a special lunch overlooking the water and beach made it all worth it. We did not get to try out Butterfly Café but we peeked in and would have gone if we didn’t have our one year old with us. My husband was able to go scuba diving thanks to Captain Hooks. We ate at and bought stone crabs from Key Fisheries which were out of this world! We also checked out a few comparable properties from Key Largo down to Marathon and TB was by far the best one. Hawks Cay was very nice as well but big and very overwhelming property. We have been to several Caribbean countries and this trip was just as great if not better than our past destinations. We will definitely be going back next spring to TB.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort located in Marathon Florida, the heart of the Florida Keys. Here you will find more than unrivaled peace and seclusion on your Florida Keys resort vacation, while overlooking the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Sink into serenity with one of our unique two or three bedroom beach houses. Our spacious Marathon Florida resort beach houses have 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 plus baths, gourmet kitchens, expansive porches overlooking the water, flat screen TVs, and handmade furniture, offering an idyllic Florida Keys resort experience nestled in a tropical oasis of calm and ease. Now you can also discover the addition of luxury single-level "Tropical Garden Guestrooms" which offer more intimate accommodations than the resort's larger beach houses. Enjoy all of the amenities of Tranquility Bay Resort with more affordable luxury in mind, and tropical garden views.Next, try award winning dining at Butterfly Cafe, a 2.5 acre white sand beach, world class fishing, diving, snorkeling and water sports, three tropical swimming pools, and our beachfront TJ's Tiki Bar, all framed by 12 acres of picturesque gardens. Located just 90 miles south of Miami and 45 miles north of historic Key West, Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort is easily reached by car or plane. Boasting delicious dining, Florida Keys' attractions, plus a nearby Championship 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, state parks with incredible beaches, protected waters for diving and some of the best sport fishing in the world, you can define your own paradise at our unique vacation destination in the Florida Keys. Find your center in the Middle Keys at Tranquility Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelClick, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Hotel Marathon
- Tranquility Bay Beach Resort
- Tranquility Bay Beach Hotel