“Go Early, Go Often”

Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Marathon
Reviewed September 18, 2008

Excellent accomodations and outstanding restaurant. The resort has everything you can think of for a relaxing getaway and a courteous staff to boot. If you are vacationing in Marathon, look no further. Definiately a place to visit often.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank rlja8c
Write a ReviewReviews (3,665)

Reviewed September 18, 2008

My fiance' and I stayed at Tranquility Bay for the very first time last month and wouldn't ya know it: HURRICANE FAY decided to visit also!

It was kinda scary for me having never been in a hurricane. The resort gave us updates on the storm's path and delivered a contact list to our room in case we needed anything in the event of an emergency. The guy at the front desk printed out a map and explained the radar. It was cool. I felt like I was in good hands.

The rainy days kept us from venturing out too far so we didn't see much in Marathon. The place we visited most was the Restaurant! I'm sure I put on 5 lbs, but it was worth every ounce let me tell you....The yellowtail was amazing! I couldn't get enough of the fish dip. I inhaled it and oh - the tiramisu is TO DIE FOR. omg....

Gerson the bellman was super helpful. He said "welcome home" when he opened our door for us. How right he was.
The only downside is that creaky bed kept me up at night and gave me an excuse to raid the refridgerator.
My BAD!

Great place - great staff - don't miss it if you're ever in the Keys.

1  Thank vagabond4me
Reviewed September 16, 2008

Drove by, stopped in, stayed the night...then two more! We loved it and were quite happy with our find!

Tranquilty Bay is a great place midway down the Keys to stop in for the night on the way to or from Key West. Or, a great alternative if you wish to explore the Keys without being locked into Key West.

It was so peaceful to relax on the beach house porch and look out at the water and to watch sunrises. They have a beautiful beach and pools.

The Yellowtail in the Butterfly Cafe was absolutely mouthwatering as were all other entrees. Don't miss the amazing Sunsets at the Tiki Bar!

Christin at the Front Desk gave great suggestions on which beaches to explore. Sombrero Beach and Bahia Honda are the best.

We can't wait to go back!

1  Thank MikeInRedstick
Reviewed September 9, 2008

The houses and grounds are beautiful. Its a great property and has everything you could ask for. The only problem we encountered was with housekeeping. The resort advertises daily housekeeping but that doesn't really happen. Several days the housekeepers came in and just dropped towels on the counter and left. By the time we left the resort we had piles of towels everywhere. I do have to say that Angie H. at the front desk was our saviour. She filled in all the blanks and answered all our questions. Thank you Angie.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saf62
Reviewed September 5, 2008

We did not actually stay at this hotel, but visited it for lunch, enroute to it's beautiful sister resort, Parrot Key in Key West.
Our lunch was delicious and the outside setting was beautiful and peaceful, overlooking the ocean.
The beach houses are beautiful, again overlooking the ocean. The grounds of this resort are spectacular.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank sunnybaycanada
Reviewed August 25, 2008

What a beautiful place to stay, it's truly a Key West style tropical paradise. We had one kind suggestion to make. There are two pools on site and one is designated as the "adult only" pool, yet there were as many children at that pool as the other pool. There was a sign, hidden by a bush, that said no children and that was it. No enforcement of the rule and maybe many were unaware of it. I would love to see them put on each gate to enter the pool area, an obvious sign that makes sure everyone knows it is an adult only pool. There was also no staff enforcing this rule, so of course, everyone ignored it. Don't advertise you have an adult only pool unless it truly is one. Other than that, I couldn't have been happier with our selection of this resort.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank heyjude616
Reviewed August 22, 2008

This was a surprise trip from my husband for our 10 year anniversary and man did he do GREAT! When he started having problems booking it through expedia he called the resort direct. Penny saved the day. Not only did she help him with the hotel reservations but assisted him with our agenda as well. We when arrived at Tranquility Bay I was amazed. The pictures on the web site do not do it justice.Everything was so beautiful, it took my breath away. The service was impecable. The front desk staff, Penny and Brenton were very helpful with everything, even made our dinner reservations for us. The views from our room were incredible. Tranquil is an understatement. I love this resort. Great place to bring a family, or just the two of us. When you are there, you have to eat at the Butterfly Cafe. Chef August and his team are phenomenal! I'd be willing to bet he'd beat the Chef from hell's kitchen in a heartbeat. My only regret is not being able to live there! What a Perfect Vacation!

1  Thank mhoops
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach
Lime Tree Bay Resort

Been to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort? Share your experiences!