“Perfect spot in the keys”

Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Marathon
Reviewed August 3, 2008

I just returned today from Tranquility and felt I had to write a review. My trip served two purposes and both were 100% amazing.

First, I went for my sister’s wedding which was unbelievable. She deserved the fairytale wedding and it was definitely fulfilled this weekend. The staff was amazing from the wedding planner on down the line. Everything fell into place and it was by far the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen with or without a family member. The view from the gazebo over the ocean with the breeze was something straight from a movie. We had roughly 50 people and there was plenty of room. The dinner was also unbelievably good.

Second, I went for a weekend of relaxation and fun. I spent a day at the adult pool which was very relaxing and peaceful as kids staying at the resort were at the other side at the family pool. I spent the rest of my time playing beach volleyball and nerf football with friends and a few other guests in the family pool. The pool was very roomy and shallow enough to allow for many different games or lying around in a raft.

The rooms and bathrooms were not the largest I have seen, but I did not spend hardly any time there. I stayed in a two bedroom on the beach and everything was very new and fresh feeling. The large flat screen was a nice feature in the living room as I got to check up on current events and weather before heading out for the day. We did use the fairly large kitchen area to both stock up on food and to cook a couple late night snacks.

I would go back in a heartbeat for a personal vacation and would highly recommend a wedding at this beautiful resort.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank StLouisgolfer
Write a ReviewReviews (3,548)

Reviewed July 31, 2008

WOW! This place is fantastic. The setting is absolutely gorgeous, and talk about tranquil -- My companion and I came here to get away from our stressful lives and immediately were relaxed. The grounds are immaculate, the rooms are beautifully appointed and outfitted with every possible convenience. The beds were unbelievably comfortable and the kitchen was equipped with top of the line appliances and utensils. It was possible to prepare your own gourmet meal "in", but why bother -- the Butterfly Cafe was only steps away -- and what a place that was! Overall we had the perfect getaway vacation - quiet walks on the beach, peaceful moments on our porch, beautiful sunsets, and moonlight swimming.

Okay, now I have to diverge to rave about the restaurant. Not only was the setting classy and intimate, but the food was AMAZING! Without a doubt we had best and most memorable meal of our life there. We even tried a comparable restaurant (in terms of menu and appointments) in Key West and found that the food just didn't compare. If you're looking to enjoy top-of-the-line gourmet food in the Keys, Butterfly Cafe is the place. The food is fresh,seasoned perfectly, and not overdone with heavy sauces - perfect for the tropical climate. I did not see one single plate going back to the kitchen with food on it!

What really made our stay was the attentive staff. Everyone was friendly and focused on making sure our questions or needs were attended to immediately - I must say, when dealing with staff you feel like you are the only guest there. For example, I needed towels and was given twice what I asked for and later returned to our room to find even more towels had been provided (just in case, I guess). My companion also treated me to a "spa day" and I enjoyed a massage, facial and aromatherapy in the room. What luxury! I must say that every minute we were at Tranquility Bay we were pampered. What a treat!

I must add something about the children. At first sight I was surprised to see a number of children, I thought, "oh no, forget tranquil . . ." Well, I don't know if it's a testament to the parents or the place but we were never, not once, disturbed by any noise or disruption of children even when they were located in the condo next to ours. I actually found it so peaceful to see the families gathering and enjoying their time together.

So, whether you are looking to get away and just escape for a while or if you're planning a family vacation, Tranquility Bay is the place to go! And be sure to eat in the Butterfly Cafe while you are there!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ratfishlady
Reviewed July 24, 2008

My family and I are currently staying here at Tranquility Bay Resort July 19th week in Starfish room #25. This is a most beautiful resort!!!
It has amenities like granite countertops, master bed, washer/dryer combo, plasmas and mini tvs in each rooms.
I especially love the french doors where you can see the palms trees, lizards, birds on the patio. Gorgoeus place and wonderful staff!!!!

Reviewed July 21, 2008

We were more than welcomed after a long trip from Virginia and a terrible ordeal from Dolphin Reality. The staff, Kristin (front desk), Peg (manager), Diane (Tiki Bar), Penny (front desk), Heather (front desk) were the most helpful and caring staff of any of the places we stayed on the way down and we stayed at two different Hyltons and Trumps Resort. They understood our ordeal and wanted to help us in any way they could and boy did they, from just listening to getting bus schedules to moving things around so we could get a house right away to helping us with the dvd player (Josh in maintanance). The house we had #50 was beautiful! Plenty of everything, linen, soaps, detergents, everything. It was very comfortable to come "home" to after a day of swimming or going down to Duvall Street or just coming back from talking to Diane at the Tiki Bar after a wonderful lunch. The beach is one of the nicest we have seen in quite awhile. Peg your the best with everything, willing to help out and make sure that not only we were ok but it woud also benefit the rest and future guests. In my opinion this place cant be beat. Kristin at the front desk was so understanding and had a smile that made us feel welcome. Penny and Heather helping us get a bus schedule and look something up on the computer and both acted like it was nothing, well girls it was something to us...thank you! Diane was great to talk to while having breakfast and lunch on the beach, thank you too. Book this place you wont be sorry. From the staff to the house to the beach to the location, this is the best of the keys.
The Hundley's
Roanoke, Virginia

Reviewed July 18, 2008

I just returned home from a romantic "adult" getaway with my husband. We absolutely LOVED Tranquility Bay. That is a perfect name for it. We loved relaxing on our porches (off the master upstairs and the living room downstairs) sipping coffee enjoying the quiet mornings and beautiful views. We also loved watching the sunset disappear into the gulf right from the Tiki bar while sipping Pina Coladas! The staff is great, very accommodating! We were staying at the Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada but friends were staying at Tranquility. When I called to see if we could get a room there was one two bedroom villa left and by the time I went to get my credit card to make the reservation the room was reserved. The same girl remembered and upgraded us to the three bedroom (end unit) close to our friends for the same price. It was soo nice. We loved it! We can not wait to go back and bring our children. Oh and the food at the Butterfly Cafe is delicious with a quaint atmosphere. And the Tiki Bar has good food priced reasonably also! This, I think, is one of the nicest full amenity resorts in all the Keys. My only issues (minor in comparison) are 1) it is a bit of a walk to the bathrooms from the Tiki but staff said they are working on that. 2) The Tiki Bar was out of the beer my husband liked the first night we were there and a few liquors (I guess they were waiting on a shipment). 3) Housekeeping slacked "a LITTLE" on the floors (we are PICKY) but they were very nice: )

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SunnyJupiter
Reviewed July 17, 2008

Tranquility Bay is beautiful. We just came back from the Florida Keys. We booked the Tranquility the day before we arrived. The house was exceptionally clean and well maintained. Everything was provided to us to enjoy our stay. We were given pool and beach towels along with all amenities in the kitchen. The staff, especially bell staff, was very friendly and helpful. I will say that the beach was small but considering you are on the keys, very nice. The kids were able to snorkle in the swimming area and see horseshoe crabs, sea rays and lots of fish. If we go back to the keys this will absolutely be a place to stay again.

1  Thank jmdile3
Reviewed July 16, 2008

After reading some of the reveiws, I was unsure whether I had made the right choice or not. After arriving with my husband and 3 teenagers, it was immediately apparent that we had made a wise choice. The grounds are beautiful! Our place was neat, clean, and very roomy. The only downside that I found was the placement of the bathroom door which opens into the front of the toilet in the master bedroom. Not a deal breaker! The lagoon style pool is very large. We all enjoyed this pool and did walk over to the other smaller pool, but since we were on the side closer to the lagoon pool, it was our choice. The beach area is really not much of a beach. It is basically good for very small children who like to play in the shallow water or people that bring the lounge chairs out into the shallow water and lay on them. There are other beaches in the area (Sombrero) within a very close proximity. The Tiki Bar was very nice and the personal were very friendly. Everyone that we encounted there was more than friendly. I knew that the restaurant in the resort was expensive, so we choose not to go there although there always seemed to be many people there. The sunsets (when the clouds are not in the way) can be beautiful. Overall, I would recommend this place to families and would not hesitate returning.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank KathyBill1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina
Lime Tree Bay Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach

Been to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort? Share your experiences!