Tranquility Bay for a week in November proved a rewarding and happy stay. The development is little advertised and that was very surprising, as it seemed to us to be one of the best resorts in the Marathon Area.
We had a two bedroom two-floor water view unit, which was amply sized and contained every amenity we could have wanted. All the units are finished in white with covered verandas at the rear, facing the beach, both upstairs and downstairs. The guest parking was convenient and free.
The kitchen appliances were very modern and comprehensive, with nice granite worktops and a big fridge freezer. Our unit was serviced every day and we were provided with fresh bath towels and pool towels.
We dined once at the Butterfly in the evening and that was a good experience, with high quality food in a fine-dining setting.
The beach is lovely, as are the two pools, which were never overly crowded or noisy. There is a bar right on the beach, which also served lunchtime snacks. Drinks were good, the food not so wonderful, but okay for quick snack.
The whole property is maintained immaculately and has a feel of space, yet also a community. It almost felt like we lived there in our own little townhouse. It also seemed excellent value for money.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to self-cater and stay in the Marathon area of the Keys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort located in Marathon Florida, the heart of the Florida Keys. Here you will find more than unrivaled peace and seclusion on your Florida Keys resort vacation, while overlooking the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Sink into serenity with one of our unique two or three bedroom beach houses. Our spacious Marathon Florida resort beach houses have 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 plus baths, gourmet kitchens, expansive porches overlooking the water, flat screen TVs, and handmade furniture, offering an idyllic Florida Keys resort experience nestled in a tropical oasis of calm and ease. Now you can also discover the addition of luxury single-level "Tropical Garden Guestrooms" which offer more intimate accommodations than the resort's larger beach houses. Enjoy all of the amenities of Tranquility Bay Resort with more affordable luxury in mind, and tropical garden views.Next, try award winning dining at Butterfly Cafe, a 2.5 acre white sand beach, world class fishing, diving, snorkeling and water sports, three tropical swimming pools, and our beachfront TJ's Tiki Bar, all framed by 12 acres of picturesque gardens. Located just 90 miles south of Miami and 45 miles north of historic Key West, Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort is easily reached by car or plane. Boasting delicious dining, Florida Keys' attractions, plus a nearby Championship 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, state parks with incredible beaches, protected waters for diving and some of the best sport fishing in the world, you can define your own paradise at our unique vacation destination in the Florida Keys. Find your center in the Middle Keys at Tranquility Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Hotel Marathon
- Tranquility Bay Beach Resort
- Tranquility Bay Beach Hotel