My wife and I extended our stay in southern Florida after a week long business meeting in Weston, Florida. We drove down to Marathon(in the Keys) on Friday afternoon. Otis checked us in and made sure we had all of the information that we needed about the resort. We stayed until Tuesday morning. Our two bedroom beach house was immaculate and the furnishings were very well appointed and comfortable. One thing that we noticed during our stay is how well the small resort was designed and landscaped. Having a kitchen was a plus since we enjoyed having our breakfast on the upper or lower porch each morning. The views from the rear of our beach house were exceptional. From the upper rear porch we could see the pool area and in the distance the beach and the beautiful blue, tropical skys. This was the perfect winter get away for us. The temperatures were in the mid to high 70's each day and in the 60's in the evenings. There are a lot of watersport activities to take part in at the resort; however, we just enjoyed relaxing in the sun watching the sailboats go by. The JT's Tiki Bar Beach Concession area was the perfect place for a quick lunch and your favorite beverage. The front desk staff, Otis and Summer, could not have been nicer or more accomodating. Summer went out of her way to help us extend our stay for another evening. The Butterfly Cafe is probably one of the best if not the best restaurant on the Marathon Key. We got a dessert from there the first evening and took back to our room since we had eaten a late lunch on the way down. We had dinner there on Sunday evening and had a delightful evening with Stacey and Michelle as our servers. The restaurant is very picturesque, but at the same time relaxing. The food was excellent and well prepared. Desserts are delicious there also. Reservations for dinner is a good idea since the restaurant does fill up in the evenings. You can dine in the lovely dining room or on the large wrap around porch in the rear of the restaurant. We had a great weekend and will definitely be looking forward to another stay there in the future. Staying at Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort was one of the highlights of our trip to the Florida Keys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort located in Marathon Florida, the heart of the Florida Keys. Here you will find more than unrivaled peace and seclusion on your Florida Keys resort vacation, while overlooking the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Sink into serenity with one of our unique two or three bedroom beach houses. Our spacious Marathon Florida resort beach houses have 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 plus baths, gourmet kitchens, expansive porches overlooking the water, flat screen TVs, and handmade furniture, offering an idyllic Florida Keys resort experience nestled in a tropical oasis of calm and ease. Now you can also discover the addition of luxury single-level "Tropical Garden Guestrooms" which offer more intimate accommodations than the resort's larger beach houses. Enjoy all of the amenities of Tranquility Bay Resort with more affordable luxury in mind, and tropical garden views.Next, try award winning dining at Butterfly Cafe, a 2.5 acre white sand beach, world class fishing, diving, snorkeling and water sports, three tropical swimming pools, and our beachfront TJ's Tiki Bar, all framed by 12 acres of picturesque gardens. Located just 90 miles south of Miami and 45 miles north of historic Key West, Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort is easily reached by car or plane. Boasting delicious dining, Florida Keys' attractions, plus a nearby Championship 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, state parks with incredible beaches, protected waters for diving and some of the best sport fishing in the world, you can define your own paradise at our unique vacation destination in the Florida Keys. Find your center in the Middle Keys at Tranquility Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Hotel Marathon
- Tranquility Bay Beach Resort
- Tranquility Bay Beach Hotel