After having stayed at the OP Suites for years decided to check out the Tranquility Bay resort in Marathon. Took the parents there for a getaway after dad recovered from open heart surgery.
3 Bedroom was beautiful, nice view and every thing you could possibly want was there. Pool was beautiful and not overrun with tourists like some other resorts in the area.
Staff: The front desk staff needs a bit more training in cheerfulness. Seemed like I was keeping her from her book that she was reading. Bellman was very quick and personable.
Restaurant: Food was ok, I've had better especially considering the prices they were charging. The breakfast buffet though was great!! Get there early though as the mobs will wipe them out and they don't seem to recover too well after 9AM.
But with a full beautiful kitchen who needs to eat in the restaurant, go to the store and stock up.
I will definetly return to this resort again, and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good resort in the middle keys.
Yes the town is old and not much to do after 9PM.
Note: If you have elderly travelers or don't do stairs real well then look somewhere else. And make sure you bolt your door. The maids just knock and within 5 seconds come right in and immediately head up stairs. Was sitting on the patio with family and the doorbell rang and seconds later they were in and heading up the stairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort located in Marathon Florida, the heart of the Florida Keys. Here you will find more than unrivaled peace and seclusion on your Florida Keys resort vacation, while overlooking the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Sink into serenity with one of our unique two or three bedroom beach houses. Our spacious Marathon Florida resort beach houses have 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 plus baths, gourmet kitchens, expansive porches overlooking the water, flat screen TVs, and handmade furniture, offering an idyllic Florida Keys resort experience nestled in a tropical oasis of calm and ease. Now you can also discover the addition of luxury single-level "Tropical Garden Guestrooms" which offer more intimate accommodations than the resort's larger beach houses. Enjoy all of the amenities of Tranquility Bay Resort with more affordable luxury in mind, and tropical garden views.Next, try award winning dining at Butterfly Cafe, a 2.5 acre white sand beach, world class fishing, diving, snorkeling and water sports, three tropical swimming pools, and our beachfront TJ's Tiki Bar, all framed by 12 acres of picturesque gardens. Located just 90 miles south of Miami and 45 miles north of historic Key West, Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort is easily reached by car or plane. Boasting delicious dining, Florida Keys' attractions, plus a nearby Championship 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, state parks with incredible beaches, protected waters for diving and some of the best sport fishing in the world, you can define your own paradise at our unique vacation destination in the Florida Keys. Find your center in the Middle Keys at Tranquility Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Hotel Marathon
- Tranquility Bay Beach Resort
- Tranquility Bay Beach Hotel