Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed due to a natural disaster.

“We Will Be Back!!”

Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Marathon
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent 4 great nights in this resort over the past week. I have a family of 6, so finding affordable and nice hotel rooms usually means two connectors. This place has it all! Granite counter-tops, fully stocked kitchen, stainless steel appliances, 3 bedrooms 2 1/2 baths. Perfect for large families and the resort is surprising sleepy. Coming from South Beach Miami, it was just what the doctor ordered for me. We drove to Key West for the day just to remind ourselves of what we left behind in South Beach. The staff was great especially Barry at the front desk and the reservation process is very professional and seamless. Spent the entire week sipping on Patron just to calm my nerves.....

1  Thank TheSavoyHotelCares
There are newer reviews for Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just came back from a trip to the keys. This place was great. Clean and a true tropical paradise. I stayed at unit #77 - highly suggest it as you are direct beach front as well as easy pool acess. The views are to die for. I will be back.

Room Tip: #77 was a great view and easy acess. It is worth the $$ to be beach front
4  Thank FlyawayM
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last week with another couple for a week long getaway. We flew into Miami and rented a car to drive down to Tranquility in less than 3 hours. We stayed in unit 18, a 3 bedroom condo that was huge and had enough space to sleep 10. This came in handy when we had some family drive down for a visit and decided to stay the night. This place is very well maintained with a huge dry beach, a nice fitness center, two pools, and six friendly cats on the grounds that may visit you. With the great location within walking distance of some nice local spots and equally distant between Islamorada and Key West we had plenty of options every day. The maid service was very friendly and helpful as well as the air conditioning was very cold. (Great for those 85 degree humid summer nights).

The full kitchen came in handy for the few meals we did make in the condo, although I wish we would have ate in more. Eating in the keys is very expensive if you did't already know, any restaurant you can expect to spend $50 a couple for dinner and a drink. The best meal we had was the prized lobster catch we were able to find out in the south side of the island snorkeling off a boat.
The beach may be disappointing to some as there is no actual ocean water to swim in. I was perfectly okay with this as after going down to Sombrero Beach and witnessed the challenges with having a beach in the area. There was massive wash up of seaweed and jellyfish galore so the area was not very swim/snorkel friendly at this time.
The stack able laundry is usable but you can use the iron to clean up any going out attire. Televisions in the living room and 2 bedrooms if you can't get away from your favorite show. There are also large balconies on the master and second bedroom that can be nice when the weather is cool enough.
Overall for this trip we were inside in the air or in the water as the heat was somewhat unbearable for the Michigan natives. I believe this place has a lot of potential and needs to be revisited when the weather isn't so miserable.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very well equipped, but the oceanfront/westward units may be well worth it in t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank InspireMI
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Tranquility Bay was beautiful. Our room was clean and immaculate, the service was top-notch, and the entire resort provided an air of peace, relaxation, and luxury. The 2 pools, ocean-access swimming area, water sports, tiki bar, and delicious restaurant provided activities that everyone may enjoy, whether traveling with a family or group of adult friends. Although the surrounding ocean and Florida Keys have much to offer, if you stay at Tranquility Bay, here's a warning: You may not want to ever leave the resort! I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank whaleyjm
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I just came back from a 7 night stay (August 7-14) & miss it already. I was asked what I wanted for my 50th Birthday from my husband and sons & I chose to visit the Florida Keys. Never did I imagine what an amazing trip this would turn out to be. I saw the pictures on the website for Tranquility Bay & booked it immediately. The pictures didn't do it justice. My husband wanted to stay somewhere where the four of us wouldn't feel too confined like a regular hotel room. When we arrived at the Resort it was even more beautiful than the pictures & very spacious. We stayed in Unit 16 which had a beautiful view of the pool & we were able to look out the balcony & see a hint of the bay. Not enough of a view to sit on the balcony & watch the sunset. I do wish the balconies were more private & not very close together. The only thing separating the balconies was a railing so when you go outside if someone is out on the balcony next to you you have no choice but to say hello. Sometimes you just want to relax & more privacy would be a plus. The rooms were very clean & everything was perfect. The beds were comfortable & the combo washer/dryer was a big help. Too quiet for my sons who are 13 & 15 but they still had a great time. The pool area is clean & beautiful. The internet was not very strong & sometimes would just drop. It was the only thing that really needs to be improved upon. Marathon has everything nearby which was a great help & Bahia Honda Beach is beautiful. The snorkeling is great & the Resort is only 58 minutes from Key West. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a beautiful & clean place to stay. Tranquility Bay is beautiful. I came home & I have to be honest I wish I could go right back. I had a wonderful birthday with my family & am already trying to figure out when I can go back.

3  Thank Carmela221
Reviewed August 14, 2012

LOVE this resort. LOVE IT. Perfect family-friendly resort. Just got back from a family vacation with my parents and my brother and his family. His three kids had a blast. Amazing swimming pool (there is an adults only swimming pool, but it's lame. So stick with the main pool). Beach is good, not fab, but good. Tiki bar is fun and sitting there drinking watching the sunset is priceless. Our condo was perfect, BUT the cleaning staff can do a better job of cleaning. Also the cleaning staff or maintenance could do a better job of keeping the pool area extra tidy during the day. Overall, I really think this is a great place and prices are super fair and reasonable.

This was a great family vacation and everyone noted the would def. return!

Room Tip: This is a great place if you're traveling with kids or in big groups b/c of the sizes of the con...
1  Thank 10162012ww
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We just returned from our stay at Tranquility Bay and it was Great! The place is beautiful. My family was very impressed with how comfortable and nice the beach house was. We used various water sports services and really enjoyed our time. The family pool is perfect for the little ones and. We have found a new favorite vacation place!!!

4  Thank JeC0924
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
#10 of 16 in Marathon
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key

Been to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort? Share your experiences!