Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
$125
$120
$150
Blackfin Resort and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$124
$120
Travelocity
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

Seascape Motel and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$220
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$187
$179
Hyatt.com
Captain Pips at Knights Key Inn(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$109
$106
Sea Dell Motel(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$129
Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$109
$105
Royal Hawaiian Motel / Botel(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$159
3,876 results
All reviewsthe butterfly cafeadult poolthree bedroomfamily poollagoon pooltiki bar on the beachmain poolbeach frontkey westbedroom townhouseputting greenwater sportsturtle hospitalfull kitchensea grassback porchwater view
Reviewed June 3, 2011

There are many positives about Tranquility Bay and a few negatives. I'll start by saying that the beautiful lush landscaping simply cannot be any more gorgeous. Beautiful palm trees abound and the pool is large and very relaxing. We stayed in a 2 bedroom... smallish but ok for just the 2 of us. Bathrooms were definitely on the small side. nicely decorated but not quite what the pics on the site show. We were beachfront, in the Flamingo section... which is Condo's # 1-5. Our view was spectacular however.....

The resort is RIGHT next to the Turtle Hospital. Nice if you are going to visit it... but NOT so nice if you are in one of the first few condos... (I'd say numbers 1-4). You can hear them speaking LOUDLY through their microphones every day 3 times a day and you hear the whole entire speech that is given outside. The first day we thought someone was just talking loudly but as it went on, we realized it was the Turtle Hospital Tour. You can actually even hear it from inside the condo and as for sitting out on the deck during the talk.. forget about it. My 2nd complaint is the housekeeping... they do not clean every day, which I knew going in.. but all they DO do is empty trash and maybe leave clean towels. They are supposed to "deep clean" and change linens every 4 days. This never happened with us. They NEVER deep cleaned or changed the linens and we were there for 8 days. I swept the floor (with a small handle broom and dustpan that was under the sink) myself twice. One of the days the only thing they did in the whole place was to take out the kitchen garbage. We are neat and clean people so it isn't like the place was a mess or anything but for $3,000 a week... I'd have expected a bit more.

I agree with the other reviewer regarding not having beverage service available at the pool or beach. It would have been nice but we, as did everyone else, ignored the "no beverages allowed" rule at the pool and beach got frozen pina colada's from the Tiki Bar and brought them to the pool. It was 95 degrees and HOT out there!

We would stay again but would probably not want to be in Number 1, 2, or 3... unless you love to hear all about turtles 3 times a day....

2  Thank Julie E
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This was our 2nd trip to Tranquility Bay and once again it was an awesome stay! This time we stayed at one of the BeachFront Beach Houses, which we highly recommend, as it is in middle of everything! Plus, you are directly on the sand/beach! And the views are incredible! These beachfront beach houses are great for everyone- families, couples, etc! We had small children with us and they were able to play on the sand while the adults watched from the porch or even the kitchen! It's so convenient!! The kids and grownups LOVED the pool as well! They also enjoyed catching small crabs at the beach. It was a great stay and we plan on returning again this summer! We highly recommend Tranquility Bay for anyone seeking a vacation at the Keys!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank imrus12
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We had the most spectacular accommodations at this resort property. Our beach house was right on the beach. Literally walking out of our porch onto the shore just 20 steps away. There were tons of activities to keep the family busy, from jet skis, boating, kayaking, sailing, vollyball, the works. The dining facilities were the best in all of Marathon. We truly enjoyed our experience and cannot wait to make a return trip soon.

Thank You to management and staff for their hospitality during our stay.

Room Tip: Homes on the beach sand.
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Quite sad really--this place could have gotten 5 stars from me if it were not for some matters that really really dampened things for us during our stay:

There is no drink service at the beach (or pools) and in fact, there is a sign on the beach asking people not to drink there which is LUDICROUS. In almost 100 degree heat are they really expecting people to walk to the Tiki Bar every time and consume the entire drink there and then walk back to their beach chair???? Is this a joke?

Well, let me tell you that NO ONE OBSERVES THIS SILLY RULE AND FOR GOOD REASON. The main pleasure of a tropical vacation is to sip a cool libation while lying on the beach. I suspect they have this silly rule to avoid trash and resultant bugs on the beach. Well, they have failed. The resort does NOT provide trash cans anywhere accessible and therefore, the guests (who rightly refuse to refrain from drinking on their beach chairs) then put the remnants of their drinks on the beach).

Needless to say, THE BEACH IS CRAWLING WITH ANTS because of this--we were afraid to put our son on the sand since ants would congregate on him. Not very relaxing.

Then, there was the shocking poor management. Apparently, our villa was supposed to have a "do not disturb" sign which was missing. Twice I asked staff what we do if we did not want housekeeping disturbing us every morning and no one thought to mention "gee, why don't you put your do not disturb sign out--don't you have one?" I mean, isn't that obvious?

What really made me angry is that my husband and I had set up blockades in our villa since our baby is crawling everywhere, and when I called the manager to ask that housekeeping NOT do their deep cleaning (which they do every 4 days) in our villa, he actually said "YOU CAN NOT CLEAN IT YOURSELF" I then stated that I did not intend to clean anything myself, and that I simply did not want anyone in there to undo the babyproofing and also because we as a family are sensitive to the smell of harsh chemicals.

Can you believe--the guy kept giving me a hard time!!! Excuse me, we paid over $3000 for a waterfront villa and I don't have the right to privacy? Finally, the manager begrudgingly agreed to let housekeeping know not to come in. Well, what do you know--we came back from a snorkeling tour to see that housekeeping HAD come in, done their "deep cleaning", all the baby blockades were undone, and we spent the rest of the day and night COUGHING AND SICK from the smell of harsh chemicals!

We were understandably furious. Again, the manager never thought to ask why we didn't just put our do not disturb sign up, or inquire if we had one. Something so obvious. I don't believe for a second that the manager told housekeeping because of the guy's demeanor during his conversation with me, and why would housekeeping want to create more work for themselves? It was the manager's fault.

The positives were very large villas--we had 3 bedrooms--everything was huge. Beach is really just a bay, but I knew that going in. Typical of the Keys, very shallow, warm, seagrass, but we didn't mind. I just wish they kept the sand clean--we did not see a staff member rake the sand once in the almost 10 days we were there. Butterfly cafe food was great--the front desk gives you their menu at check in, but not their wine list which makes it hard to order room service. Pools are nice. We liked staying in quiet Marathon.

I provided my comments to Singh Resorts over 2 weeks ago, and if they'd contacted me and offered an apology or any contact at all, I would have refrained from writing this review. However, my comments were not acknowledged in any way and I feel people should know the problems this resort has.

6  Thank caocgal
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The lush landscaping, pools, and layout make you feel like you are miles from any other place.
The family pool is fantastic! Even when it was crowded, you had plenty of space and chairs.
The beach is a dream!! It has different areas for different activities. Plenty of space for everyone!!
It was quiet. The pool. The beach. The front porch of our beachfront house. Everything was quiet.

Room Tip: The grounds are gorgeous-every room is the best.