All reviews hideaway cafe motor boat fish free boat free breakfast old florida laid back dock staff hot tub full kitchen on site restaurant grassy key key west ocean view palm trees private beach boats
Reviewed June 13, 2018

We stayed again at Rainbow Bend in May of 2017, This is the greatest place, we love it. We were so disappointed it was not open for awhile and were worried it would be gone forever, SOOO happy it is back open, went somewhere else this year 2018 because we weren't sure of when reopening but believe me we will be back in Spring of 2019! Can not wait!!!!

Room Tip: love the poolside , had that room each time we were there (3x). Great oceanview!
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

Had a reservation for 2/27 to 3/9
Called and emailed multiple times and never informed the property would not be open. I cancelled the reservation three weeks prior to our vacation and scrambled to make other arrangements. I am very disapointed this resort did not have the courtesy to inform us they would not be open so we could find a place to stay. We have not received our deposit so I had to file a dispute with our cc company. It is very sad the resort was damaged by Irma so we wanted to patronize them. I write this review in hopes of warning others that may have reservations. They are not open. The only.people at the resort are contractors and land surveyors? It is obvious they are actively doing repairs. I will not trust them again. I found a much better resort and the sad truth is with all of the issues the place had, we would have come back every year...not now.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
8  Thank tootsie29
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

We love the rainbow bend! We go at least twice a year and are always treated like family! You cannot beat the price and the boat usage! We are praying that the damage has not been too severe from Hurricane Irma so that we can visit soon!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
7  Thank aliciarn1
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

My husband, son & I visited in early June 2017. Rainbow Bend was recommended by an employee in Key Largo at a place that sells GoPro accessories (sorry I can't remember the name). I was so excited to go out on a boat without a guide! We went to the right of the resort and went to a place to anchor the boat and walked around & found lots of hermit crabs and a beautiful seashell that we have on display at home. All kinds of big lizards live at Rainbow Bend that are harmless & very cool! I didn't want to leave. Breakfast is perfect and dirt cheap. The restaurant has great food. I felt like a family member there.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Adam C
Reviewed September 14, 2017

We stayed at the end of December and were surprised at how cold it gets in the keys! Please check weather before you go (of course no fault goes to rainbow!) As far as the hotel goes,very typical of humid older areas. We travel many islands and places similar and overall it was meh. Not memorable. Just meh. Everything was average. Strange, usually i can talk about good and bad but nothing was great but also not horrible. Sorry not very helpful.

Room Tip: Look at room maps online to find your view.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family