Rainbow Bend Fishing Resort
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$203
AscendHotels
$161
$132
$369
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$159
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$179
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewshideaway cafemotor boatboston whalerfishfree boatjacuzzi roomfree breakfastold floridalaid backdock staffhot tubthe florida keysfull kitchengrassy keyon site restaurantthe staff was friendly and helpfulocean view
Reviewed February 21, 2010

It was what we pictured the Keys was years ago and we loved it. Wonderful beach area on the ocean with Tiki umbrellas. Several bldgs of rooms and patios. Boat rental included was a nice addition. Breakfest was super and early sitting in restruant was affordable and tasty. Rooms were turned down and straightened up daily. Our room was under the restruant kitchen and noisy until 11 pm. A 15% gratuity was hidden from me until the reservation was made on booking.com. That left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I did not have the option to stay here, so I can't comment on the resort, but I can comment on one of the staff, George Edison. I had booked online, at a booking site, that only showed when I gave my credit card the pretax amount. I figured 12.5% tax, which is what I have paid in Florida before (back in Dec). When the email came with the total charged, there was an additional 15% which was called a gratuity tax. I then had a few emails back/forth with George just trying to figure out a few questions we had, where was room located, sailboat use (it's shown on their website, and of course the 15% gratuity). Things seemed to be alright when I went to bed last night and but next morning I discover an email that George has canceled our reservations (he said we would have full refund). I called him up this time rather then email him back (I think I was becoming annoying to him with the previous emails with the questions), to discover that he refused to speak to me, and his assistant said I was not permitted to stay there, as they felt I would not be happy. She wouldn't listen to me at all!

I really was stumped by all of this. Never had that kind of treatment in my life when booking a holiday, and don't treat people that way myself in life! My husband has since called up our credit card company to tell them what happened (at least I have emails to prove what George did) and hope that we are refunded in full as he has promised (we were to have stayed 6 days at over $200/night).

I hope you have better luck with Rainbow Bend Resort, just make sure you are aware of what you are getting into, and probably best not to book online like I did, but deal directly with their front desk, ask questions, and hopefully not get the person serving you on a bad day!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2010

This was a very pleasant and unique location in mid Keys with excellent comfortable accomodations in an older but well kept property. Prices were much better than down the road in Key West, the atmosphere was laid back and the facilities were generally very nice. The staff were great and accomodating and fellow travelers staying at the resort were friendly . A good sized group congregated around the community BBQ grill nightly for food, drinks and conversation.

The beach area, dock and pool facilites were nice.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikehd80
Reviewed January 7, 2010

If you are looking for a relaxing, "old Florida," atmosphere, this is a good place to be. This resort is perfect for anyone looking for a quiet, waterfront location with gorgeous views. We loved staying here. Rainbow Bend reminds me of how the Keys used to be 35 years ago when I was a little kid, traveling with my parents and siblings. Free use of a boat, free breakfast, and having a kitchen in our unit were bonuses! We decided that we will take extra towels or lightweight rugs to put on the floor next time to help keep sand out of the room between cleanings. There is a bike trail directly across the street, and it is perfect for cycling, jogging, or walking. I believe it runs the entire length of the Keys. For groceries, you can buy a few things on premises, but you have to drive to Marathon for a Publix...takes about 20 minutes to get there.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2010

I am not one to place reviews. When I find a gem, normally I will tell only close friends or keep to within family. Our second stay at Rainbow Bend, however,I find it only fair to their excellent staff to pass this on. If you are seeking a vacation to the Florida Keys to find the true feeling of lifestyle and you enjoy a quite, relaxing, love fishing, and great eating........this place is a MUST visit.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple