“Relaxing”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Marathon
Weatherford, TX
“Relaxing”
Reviewed July 12, 2009

My husband and I wanted to go to the Keys to have a little vacation and do some fishing. After doing some "internet research" he found Rainbow Bend Resort. They offered the use of a small 13 ft boat daily for 4 hours. We thought that is just what we needed so that we did not have to rent one daily. Very nice feature!! You do have to pay for the gas you use but really to us that was not a big deal. It was nice to have the option of them and they were perfect for what we were doing! Also, you have a free breakfast each morning. Which is delicious by the way. If you don't want what is free you can choose off of the menu for something else and get a $5.95 credit towards the cost. The room we stayed in was large and comfy. The bed was very comfy and the sheets were really nice and soft. The air was always cold! After fishing in the hot sun it was very nice to walk into a cold room.
They do have washer and dryer if you need to wash. The machines do take coins so make sure you have some if you need it.
The resort is very quiet and relaxing. They have a pool that looks nice but I never checked it out because of being to busy! They also have a grill for everyones use, along with outside picnic table.
If you are looking for a nice cozy and clean resort I would recommend this resort. If you are looking for more poshy type place this is not the place for you. We will return for a future vacation! Thanks Rainbow Bend!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Polish first
Tampa
Reviewed July 10, 2009

The room was are large and clean the furniture was old and needed to be updated.
The restorant service was very good but also old and outdated.
The little boats where also in need of some TLC but ran fine,should be able to use then pass 4pm. I have stayed in small mon and pop hotels but this one is in needs of a lot of TLC.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
vero beach florida
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Absolutely the most charming, sweetest place to stay in the Keys! The darling little Boston Whalers are a perfect touch to a great adventure. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with my friends. I am looking forward to my next visit to Rainbow Bend, and seeing the friendly and helpful staff that makes this place a real winner! My recommendation is to book your trip asap!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 3, 2009

This was our 9th year coming to the Keys. We stayed at another resort on Marathon (several times), different hotels in the Key largo, rented a house in Islamorada but this resort by far is the "true" ambiance of the Keys. We absolutely loved this place! I agree with other reviews, if you are looking for bright, shiny and new, this is NOT the place but, if you want a comfortable place to stay with a very friendly staff, look no further.

From the minute we checked in, George made us feel right at home. He was very helpful and accommodating. Tony, Karl and Tommy are WONDERFUL! and bent over backwards to make our stay was the best that it could be. They are the handymen, groundskeepers, boat handlers and "tour" guides. And, if you are extra nice to them... they will make sure that you get the "fastest" boat for your next excursion. (For those reviews that complained about the price of gas for the boats... have you ever purchased gas at a boat marina?) Laurie is the morning waitress in the cafe... She is EXTREMELY friendly and very knowledgeable about the Keys plus, she never let our coffee cups run dry! Our unit was cleaned on a daily basis, beds made and trash removed. We did not see any bugs in our unit and if we did, so what, it is the Keys! The swimming pool and hot tub were very clean and well maintained. The beach area was very nice and again, well maintained. There were 7 children in our group of 16 and we never once worried about their safety. They had an absolute ball fishing, catching crabs, looking for shells... Again, if you are looking for a white sandy beach with crystal blue water and no sea weed then you need to go to the Bahama's...

The only negative thing I have to say about Rainbow Bend Resort is lack of good kitchen utensils and not having a broom in our unit (it had to be checked out at the front desk.) The quality of the utensils definately could have been better but between the 4 units, we were able to make it work.

I can not wait to go back!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Miami
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I recommend this place a lot.I,ve been there twice ad i love it, this is not a marriott or the hyatt hotel, but is a really cozy and romantic place.It has everythig you need, the rooms are very clean, the staff is really nice, some of the rooms has jacuzzi inside the rooms and some has an ocean view. they have rooms with afull kitchen and bath and extra bedrooms if you want to come with the entire family. They also have a deck to fish for the fish lovers , a private beach and in the price they include a motorboats retal that you only pay for the gas but it's really cheap you spend like $8 or $10 dollars it is really fun and also you have breakfast included so you dont have to go out for anything cause you can eat at the restaurant in the second floor it's really nice at night you can see the beach while your eating it's very ropmantic. what else do you need. this is a romantic getaway with your boyfriend, husband and also family, they have also rooms with a little patio with a barbecue outside, everything is very clean. i enjoyed a lot every time that i go, now o my vacations i;m going againg. See you there you'll have fun

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2009

My husband, 2 kids and myself stayed from Tuesday thru Friday. What a great time we had. The room were clean, the resort was well kept.
The dock hands (Tony, Carl and Tommy) were very nice and helpful, We all enjoyed watching BigBird control what birds were allowed on HIS beach.Lori in the resturant was a very personable and outgoing delight to our breakfast each morning. We enjoyed her compand while we dined.
The kids ages 12 and 13 are looking forward to returning. My husband loved the use of the boats. I would recommend staying at the Rainbow Resort if you would like a relaxing enjoyable timeaway from home. The resort is located close to everything you will need during your stay.
Thanks again to everyone on staff at the Rainbow Resort for their great hospitality. I cannot choose which part of our stay was better than the other, it was a great vacation.The boats were in good shape and the knowledge of the locations to snorkel or fish was perfect.
Enjoy the few picturesI have enclosed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
M.I. Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Very relaxing, Excellent and freindly staff, Good food, nice location for relaxzation and still close enough to town to get everything you forgot or need. The boat use is a added bonus. We had a great time in the boat. Staff very knowledgeable on where to send you. Saw alot of nice fish. Highly recommended for anyone who wants a nice weekend getaway or a nice week trip to relax and enjoy the sun and the water. Will go back again,enjoyed ourselves very much.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
Seashell Beach Resort
Seashell Beach Resort
#11 of 17 in Marathon
Lime Tree Bay Resort

Been to Rainbow Bend Fishing Resort? Share your experiences!