“Educational Experience and Fun Too”

The Turtle Hospital
Ranked #1 of 49 things to do in Marathon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Charlestown, Rhode Island
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Educational Experience and Fun Too”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We went to the Turtle Hospital during an overcast afternoon and it was the perfect way to spend a not so perfect day in paradise. The presentation was excellent and we all learned a lot about sea turtles that we never knew. Very interesting.

Rochester, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Everyone needs to go here!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This seems slightly spendy but is so educational, entertaining, enlightening and moving that I will forever remember the experience. It is worth it and tours were every hour when we visited. Never again will I shop using plastic bags and I can only hope that sea turtles may be around when I have grandchildren. This is a fabulous combination of lecture (with some humor and wit) and a walking tour to see the turtle patients. The gift shop had some cute items like an amethyst with a perched turtle that my son thought was awesome. Good for ages 5+ in my opinion but not for elderly, as it does get warm during short walk. Don't pass up this gem!

Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Money well spent”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Love this place. Very educational tour and information on sea turtle. It's money well spent for 1.5 hours. Must visit when in Marathon. Have lots of respect for what they do. Great job!

1 Thank gldarnell
Naples, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Interesting and educational”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I took my 2 children to this attraction. We learned a ton and found it very interesting and astonishing that they knew each turtles story and history. One reason I had a hard time giving it a 5 star was it was very hard to hear everything the guide was telling us. Even though she was very knowledgeable she seemed to lack the patience and charisma that would have made this experience better. There was a wide range of ages on the tour which made it hard for people to hear. Great time and my kids loved the turtles and learned about how to protect them in the sea.

1 Thank flahojo
Lancaster, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Nice tour”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Interesting tour, kids loved seeing all the turtles. Mke sure to call to see when they have openings.