“What a treat!”

Castaway Waterfront Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Ranked #18 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Description: Seafood, Steaks, Sushi, Prime Rib Lunch and Dinner Daily. Full Liquor Bar and 33 BEERS ON TAP Indoor and Outdoor Waterfront Dining In Business since 1951. Voted Best Overall Restaurant in Marathon 2 years in a rowLive Music, Late night Entertainment on FridaysClub Mirabella Nightclub Dancing FRIDAY starting at 10:30pm
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“What a treat!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Food and service were outstanding. The charter captain we used this day , Wayne of Wayne's World , recommended his restaurant. We had our own snapper fried, blackened, "Wreck Diver", and dijonnaise styles. Our party of 9 also enjoyed raw oysters, .steamed clams, and delicious clam chowder. The beer and wine choices were outstanding. Service by nice, friendly, and cordial staff was great. We are tourists from Myrtle Beach, and we know how tourists like to be treated, and this staff really gets it. We will be back in 2015...

1 Thank Suwanneetrout

• Polish first
“Sushi review”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I was very excited about finding a place that served sushi and had great reviews. I think the food they were referring to would not be the sushi. I love sushi and I would have to say it was horrible. Mediocre at best I was expecting it to be fresh, firm and delicious... What I got was warm, squishy, and old tasting. I would try other things on the menu and avoid the Japanese menu. I should have known better than trying sushi, but I was hoping with it being on the water with fresh fish I would have a great experience. I would not buy again. Sadly, not worth the money at all.

1 Thank Amanda S
“Unique”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Delicious, plentiful, unique! We went as a family of four my husbands first experience with eating lion fish it was awesome! My turkey club was huge and delicious also!!

Otego, New York
“life saver”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our first night in town on the 4th of July weekend and we got lucky after trying get in without reservations at two other restaurants. The food was excellent, and the atmostphere was exciting with a live band. Our waitress made us feel right at home.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“After a great day of fishing, took our catch to Castaway”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We took a charter out of Porky's Marina across the road. After the trip, the guide recommended we take our catch to Castaway for them to cook for us. We did and were not disappointed. We had three different types of Snapper we had caught, they cooked it up three different ways. It was a literal feast. Had Great service, and was very happy we went there. Great honey buns for appetizer as well !!!!