Coconut Cay Resort & Marina
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$189
$149
Groupon.com
$169
$164
$140
HIExpress.com
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$192
$168
Hyatt.com
$259
AscendHotels
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$179
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$179
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewskey westfishing gearwooden spoonboat rampsombrero beachold floridashort drivepamkeyspicnickitchenetteiguanasgrillgulflodgingdeckmarina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2007

Good morning,
I have just returned from a trip to the Keys and wanted to make sure to give credit where credit is due. I am a general manager of a resort property and was even so at a 4 star resort in the Keys for some time. Coconut Cay is just exactly what I would expect taking into consideration the location and the price. If you are looking for 4 star resort atmosphere in-season, get the checkbook ready for $500+ per night. If you are looking for $150-$250, take a look here. Too many of the reviews I read about this place are from whiney little people with money issues. The airport is not loud, it is an airport. We are talking about Marathon, FL - there really aren't that many flights in and out and the majority are little single engine plans - give me (Coconut Cay) a break. The staff was excellent and so friendly. Thanks to the gentleman who sat on the front of my trailer to help me load my motorcycle because my wife was not heavy enough! Thanks to the night clerk who offered us some of the tasty coffee that they serve in the lobby. Thanks to all of you for putting up with the "guests" that do not appreciate anything you do.
Michael

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank SunSpree
KeysyMarathon, manager at Coconut Cay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2007

As a manager, I sooo appreciate your words. Thanks for taking your time to help us out!
Smiles from the Isles!

Reviewed February 1, 2007

We had 4 rooms & stayed 6 nights. What a dump.....All the rooms had issues. Sliding glass doors that did not slide (None of them), Broken bed platforms (Had to be fixed 2x a day), Holes/openings around A/C units, (You could fit your hand in), Rocking toilets(Felt like you were still fishing). AIRPORT NOISE IS LEAST OF THE PROBLEMS!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed May 30, 2006

I stayed her only 1 night, thank goodness. Although when I checked in they upgraded me to a king size room "on the water" the room was on a nasty looking dockage canal. The people next door were sketchy. It's at the end of the airport runway so you hear planes landing all the time. The room was quite large but so basic as to be depressing. The bathroom was also a good size but the tub was grotty and rusty looking. The AC worked well and kept the room cool and humidity down but I found the room and ground so be garish in color scheme and dingy looking. I wouldn't stay here again, for $100 a night you can definitely do better. It is convenient to everything however. Marathon in general strikes me as dingy and smelly like car exhaust and fish, I'll be skipping this island next time unless I have to stay for some reason...then I'm staying at Tropical Cottages just down the road, which is MUCH better for just a little more a night.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank Gambitgirl
A TripAdvisor Member
orlando fl
Reviewed March 6, 2006

i thought this hotel was one of the best considering i grew up in it!!! thats right i used to live there before it became coconut cay it used to be the sea horse motel and let me tell u something boy did they fix it up they even bought a new lagoon now when me and my family come down to the keys we stay at this hotel!!! dont listen to the other people they dont know wut there talkin bout!! kids would love it and if u love sunsets youll love it too!!!! and u can bring your boat and go fishing and they have plenty of dockage and beautiful cottages and such a wonderful tropical setting!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 4, 2006

This was not the worst place we've ever stayed (unfortunately) but it's up there. The best aspect was the pool, though that had its minuses too. It was very nice, big, clean, and we had it pretty much to ourselves all day. However, plane and helicopter traffic overhead, and car traffic right next to the pool area ... not the best. As for the room, my husband's socks were black after wearing them to walk around (I kept flip-flops on at all times). The bottom sheets were so ill-fitting that they kept coming off the mattress (gross!) and there was absolutely nowhere to put your bags or hang anything. And maybe the MOST annoying aspect was the fact that the only lighting was an obnoxious overhead ceiling light. There were no lamps -- not even a bedside lamp by which to read at night! Good thing I brought my itty-bitty book light!!!! (By the way, we asked 2 times for a bedside lamp, but to no avail.) Lastly, we never did figure out where that second pool was located, and also though we were given directions by the girl at the front desk, we still never found the beach that is advertised!! The people were nice, but sorry -- never again.

• Stayed: February 2006