Coconut Cay Resort & Marina
$169
$127
HIExpress.com
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$192
$179
Hyatt.com
Captain Pips at Knights Key Inn(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$125
Blackfin Resort and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$124
$120
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$179
Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$115
$112
Orbitz.com
Sea Dell Motel(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$129
$119
Seascape Motel and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$164
Hotwire.com
Royal Hawaiian Motel / Botel(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$159
$369
All reviewskey westfishing gearwooden spoonboat rampsombrero beachold floridashort drivepamkeyspicnickitchenetteiguanasgrillgulflodgingdeckmarina
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I first found Coconut Cay Resort & Marina back in 2005 when I brought a school group down to the Florida Keys. When I am in charge of a school trip, I always book at Coconut Cay. I have even brought family and friends to the Keys and we stay at this hotel each and every time. Why?

1) It's extremely convenient. It's located in Marathon and is half-way between Key Largo and Key West - easy for day trips to other locations throughout the keys.

2) Authentic Keys feel. Coconut Cay is a mom-and-pop operation that has not been modernized by large hotel chains. Staying here makes one feel like they are truly vacationing in the Florida Keys.

3) Amenities. From the dockside rooms to the boat slips to the kayak rentals to the waterside point, Coconut Cay's cost includes the free use of these amenities. When traveling with my family and friends on several occasions, we stayed in the kitchen rooms and were impressed with the amenities for the cost of the stay. They also have a nice pool.

4) Upgrades. Since my time staying at Coconut Cay, the management has improved the quality of the rooms by installing new televisions, new mattresses, and new furniture. The rooms have become more comfortable over the years and management takes upgrading seriously.

5) Friendly. The staff has always treated us very well. On one trip a few years ago, our air conditioner didn't work very well. They tried to fix it, but the unit was too old to pump out cold air. It was hot, but we dealt with it for the last night we were there. The management invited us back at a discounted rate so we could experience the hotel as we always remembered it.

I always love staying at Coconut Cay Resort and look forward to the day I can return!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sean M
Reviewed January 13, 2014

maybe it was just bad luck - everything stared bad - we arrived at 11 am to find that the management did not honor special rates booked, they very not very friendly and accommodating, if one of the 2 would have smiled, it would have cracked her face. they did not even want to show us the booked accommodation or alternatives, said to come back late afternoon ,but we stood our ground and surprise, surprise, could see both rooms.
the room they offered was dark, tiny, directly on the road and smelled - we opted to upgrade to a room along the waterway - its was of a nice size, smelled extremely clean (we had to open the doors to get the breathtaking disinfectant smell out), had a nice well equipped dock , directly onto the waterway. beds were good. next door was the kitchen of our neighbord, we were lucky they retired early. otherwise no way sleeping, you could hear every word.
they tried to charge us $5 per 15 min internet, but we found out that this was just a trick - internet was free, though good connection only outside the rooms.
the pool was clean, they also offered free canoes. it was fun paddling through the mangroves and watch an incredible amount of iguana - all sizes and colors - from very close up,
first morning we fund a dead cockroach and the following night an even larger one fell off the wall. according to the manager this is normal when raining and we should have been glad not to have had also scorpions etc. all together a disappointing experience.

Room Tip: i know that the keys are expensive, but keep on looking - there must be better places
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank podvalv
KeysyMarathon, Front Office Manager at Coconut Cay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Coconut Cay. I am sorry to hear about your Experience at the hotel. I regret that you were not satisfied with the accommodations and or the hotel. I have informed the GM about the situation and let him know about your experience. We always appreciate comments from our customers so we can improve. I will personally look into the situation.
Thank you for going to the trouble to write us.

Osaida
Front Desk.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The staff are very nice and the rooms were great! The scenery is beautiful! We could not have asked for a more relaxing place to stay at. I will highly recommend to my friends and family to visit Coconut Cay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
KeysyMarathon, Front Office Manager at Coconut Cay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a feedback! Our staff is happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! Coconut Cay is a beautiful place and like are sign in the front says relax, relax, relax. Thank you again for leaving us a review and we hope to see you again soon.

Coconut Cay

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The staff was nothing but accommodating, and the location was perfect for our trip. The rooms were a decent size and reasonably clean. The showers had great water pressure and were warm, and the air conditioner was easy to control. Definitely a great place to stay for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time on leaving us a feedback. We are so thrilled to hear that you had a Wonderful time with us. The owners and staff are trying really hard to make this place even better. Once again thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review and we hope to see you in the near future!

Coconut Cay

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Coconut Cay Resort and Marina during a trip to the Keys. I grew up in Marathon and was very pleased to see what hidden gem the place had become in the last ten years. The location is very convenient, almost in the center of Marathon at the southern end of the airport. All of the staff I dealt with were very friendly and accommodating. The price for the room was around $130/night which was pretty decent considering it was New Year’s weekend. The room we were given was clean, quaint, and very Keysie. I really liked they had tile floors and both beds were extremely comfortable. We had sliding glass doors on the back of the room that opened to beautiful communal garden area on the backside of a very nice pool. I had my service dog Fred with me and all that was asked for at check in was a copy of his badge (read my other reviews to see how other area motels treated me regarding this). I would most certainly stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone taking a Keys vacation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeremy C

Thank you for taking the time in leaving Coconut Cay a feedback!! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Here at Coconut Cay we like to think of our guest as family, we highly appreciate that you enjoyed our amenities that we have here! As well in the front office we have a selection of brochures of things you could do in marathon, half of them will give you great discounts if you let them know that you are staying at Coconut Cay! Once again thank you for taking time and leaving us a great review and we hope to see you in the near future.

Coconut Cay!