I booked a room through a booking site and the room we got was nasty. No back door, two big roaches, hot. I went back to the desk and we were given a room that had a private patio by the pool. Lovely.
But I watched an employee throw a Raid Roach Bomb into the room we had vacated and several hours later two young women were checking into that room. I felt bad for them. So here is what I learned: The rooms that are in the same building as the office are very inferior. Book with the hotel itself and request a room not in the office building.
My sister and I went out kayaking. The pool was good. Loved the private patios. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Coconut Cay Resort & Marina offering the comfort and charm of a Bahamian style resort, located on the scenic gulf side of Marathon, Florida. We are minutes away from Sombrero Beach, Bahia Honda State Park, the Historic 7 Mile Bridge and Pigeon Key Historic Site, Museums of Crane Point Hammock, great snorkeling, scuba diving and fishing. Your senses will delight in our colorful motifs, shimmering palms and glorious year round sunshine. Your mind and body can relax in our 24/7 pools. Come and enjoy an island life style of total relaxation in our comfortably priced accommodations. It’s a tropical oasis in the heart of the Florida Keys. Come, SEA and play in our ocean, the way it used to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Coconut Cay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Cay Resort And Marina
- Coconut Cay Resort & Marina Hotel Marathon