“A gem of a place”

Coconut Cay Resort & Marina
Ranked #10 of 17 Marathon B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed at Coconut Cay for one night on the way down to Key West and it was a little gem. We got upgraded to rooms overlooking the waterway out to the sea and the rooms were clean, nicely furnished and excellent value for money. The whole place has a 40's/50's style charm and you get free use of kayaks. I'd definitely recommend it if you want something cheap, cheerful and clean with friendly hosts.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the waterside.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Bart33050, Public Relations Manager at Coconut Cay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We enjoyed having you visit us and look forward to seeing you again. Be blessed.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Thanks to Steve & Kirsty for all your friendly help. We were looking for a chilled Keys place to stay and found that at Coconut Cay. Great suggestions from Steve on what to do, Kirsty introduced us to Sugar & Cracker and our boys loved playing in the pool, not to mention the Kayaks! Clean room, relaxing pool area, free kayaks & bikes, friendly staff, what more can you ask for. Hope to visit again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Bart33050, Guest Relations Manager at Coconut Cay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you for the review. From all of us here at Coconut Cay, we are glad that your family had a "chilled" and fun time here in the heart of the Florida Keys. Please consider us for your next vacation.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you are traveling to Marathon in the Florida Keys, I highly suggest that you pay this resort a visit! Jim, Steve, Bart, Pam and Kristy all helped to make my stay a very pleasant one. The rooms are clean and even the ones without an efficiency come with a with a mini frig and microwave ovens. They offer a very affordable weekly rate if you are can stay for a week! They sweetened the deal by offering me a free boat slip as a bonus! A nice feature about Coconut Cay is that its property extends out into the Gulf of Mexico and offers an unobstructed view of those beautiful sunsets!

Room Tip: Rent by the week for the best rates!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank James B

Thank you for visiting with us and for your review. The sunset view will be waiting for your return and we can't wait to see you again. Be blessed.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

wanted to get out of key west for a couple of days.(really) took the shuttle bus to marathon for 4 bucks droped my girlfriend and me off across the street from the hotel nice simple place for a little rest loved sitting on the canel or pool at night. only wish, the bikes need a front basket if your running to dions or publixs planning more R&R in october here also the staff was always very helpfull and friendly

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim W
Bart33050, Public Relations Manager at Coconut Cay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for your review. The staff and I are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon. We are working on the bike baskets.:) Enjoy.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We recently stayed at the Coconut Cay. The staff was so nice, and gave us many ideas of things to do. Our kids could not get enough of the free bicycles and kayaks. It is very nice to have your boat docked right behind your room. The rooms were clean, a/c was cold, and beds were comfortable. The kids enjoyed the Turtle Hospital a few miles down the road. We would definetly go back. Perfect place to bring your boat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

It's all about family here. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us a review. We're glad a good time was had by all. Yes, it is very convenient to have quick boat access near your back door and quick bay side access. Please come back and visit us again. Be blessed.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Fisrt impression was not great, but the place redeemed itself in the light of day! Pulled in about midnight on a Friday night in the pouring rain. Since I was coming in late, staff left the room unlocked and key inside (i was a bit nervous about that). Because of the rain and where my room was, teenagers(?) were hanging around in the hall and drinking - I was a little uncomfortable since I was traveling alone - but no problems. I think there are only 3 rooms that open into a hall, the rest open up to outside.

Walking around the next morning, I found the place was really cute. Nice pool, clean grounds, dock for boats, bikes, kayaks. Room was very clean and still has remnants of old style motel (e.g., shower and shower head reminded me of my days at girl's camp!)Fresh paint kept everything looking new(ish) and bright. Staff was VERY friendly and helpful. It is a small motel type place with lots of charm.

Since I travel for business quite often, I'm used to Hilton or Holiday inn type places....this is not in the same category, but definitely a good find at a great price.

The front desk said I was in the "older" part because they we're booked solid. She made sure I was happy with the room and described some of the newer rooms if I could come back for another visit.

I would stay here again and am really glad I found the place!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tennillebug
Bart33050, Public Relations Manager at Coconut Cay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The staff was very nice. just the kinda place I like for lobster season. Price was great. Pool was clean, and a very nice area to hang out at. My girlfriend loved the pet birds. Probably our destination next year!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope that you limited out while you were here. Sugar and Cracker says hello and can't wait to see you again. :)