This is a old resort, probably from the 50s but it's well maintained with a fresh coat of Caribbean paint everywhere. We spent 8 days here; I would recommend a shorter stay just to get the feel of this place. The beds where a bit uncomfortable so after a couple of nights some people like me will get a sore back. They were a bit stingy with the towels giving us only two small towels for two people. When we asked for more, they replaced them the next day with only two towels. It appears they didn't replace the sheets during our entire stay. We stayed in one of the units on the canal, otherwise the non-canal units have no water view. I borrowed one of the "Free" kayaks and rowed out to the ocean. I was a little disappointed I had to surrender my drivers license to use the the kayak in spite of the fact they had my credit card on file. The pool was cold, They advertise free grills and fortunately there was a charcoal grill in front of our unit, I didn't see any other charcoal grills by the other units, They had a sign in the main office telling me I could rent a gas grill for $25 per day. I can buy a gas grill for less that $50.00 at the Kmart down the street. This resort is at the end of the Marathon Airport runway. Most days this didn't present a problem since this airport gets little traffic but there were a couple of nights we where woke up in response to a landing jet.
The staff was friendly and willing to accommodate our schedule when maintaining the room. There was lots of wildlife on the canal including an Egret eating it's catch at the top of a pole and several iguana. I really think this would be the perfect place for someone with a fishing boat since you can dock a boat right outside of your room when in the canal units.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Coconut Cay Resort & Marina offering the comfort and charm of a Bahamian style resort, located on the scenic gulf side of Marathon, Florida. We are minutes away from Sombrero Beach, Bahia Honda State Park, the Historic 7 Mile Bridge and Pigeon Key Historic Site, Museums of Crane Point Hammock, great snorkeling, scuba diving and fishing. Your senses will delight in our colorful motifs, shimmering palms and glorious year round sunshine. Your mind and body can relax in our 24/7 pools. Come and enjoy an island life style of total relaxation in our comfortably priced accommodations. It’s a tropical oasis in the heart of the Florida Keys. Come, SEA and play in our ocean, the way it used to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Coconut Cay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Cay Resort And Marina
- Coconut Cay Resort & Marina Hotel Marathon