Coconut Cay Resort & Marina
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$203
HIExpress.com
$279
AscendHotels
$135
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotels.com
$203
$167
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$179
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewskey westfishing gearwooden spoonboat rampsombrero beachold floridashort drivepamkeyspicnickitchenetteiguanasgrillgulflodgingdeckmarina
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Having stayed in a handful of hotels in Marathon in the past, Coconut Cay is my new favorite. The staff was down to earth and eager to provide great service. This is definitely not a chain hotel. My room was recently renovated throughout and had a very relaxing Florida feel. The back of my room opened to a dock over a canal complete with my own relaxing chairs and picnic table. The hotel also offered kayaks, bicycles and fishing gear at no additional charge. It was also cool that the pool stays open all night. I definitely recommend this hotel and I personally look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2011

It was very easy to find, the staff was very courteous and friendly. It is clean, affordable and a pleasant place to stay. They are trying to preserve the hotel as it was in the '50s, so it isn't modern, but it was comfortable. the hotel staff has put together a very informative directory, they were also very well-informed on all the events in the area.

We felt very comfortable staying there with our toddler, it was very informal and quiet. They also have bike rentals and kayaking available for free to guests.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

On April 21 my family and I arrived at the coconut cay Located in Marathon key on vacation thinking that we were very lucky to get a nice room for a decent price based on their advertisement. To say the least this resort was completely disgusting, from the moment I pulled up to the room I noticed that I was booked next to the dumpster that was over flowing with garbage clearly too small for a 30+ room hotel which mixed with the smell of feces from some kind of septic disposal tank cleverly hidden 20 feet away from the door of the room with a fence and some brush. The room had windows which had no glass or windows that would not shut and there were no screens for any of those windows, the bathroom door was broken and had clear marks of pets scratches the coaches were filthy and flee infested. Every time we had food out a swarm of ants would appear out of nowhere, the tile was mismatched, the mismatched furniture was dirty, visibly unwashed and broken, there was no phone in the room, the table was far too small to eat on for a family larger than 3, the bathroom which was disgusting had an light switch that when turned on shocked me as well as my wife, the sheets and blankets on the bed where unwashed. The beds had no headboards; they were nothing more than a box spring and mattress on a rolling metal frame. The dressers were falling apart, and half of the draws were broken to the point where they fell apart when I attempted to open them. I believe this excuse for a hotel is not up to code especially with the electrical hazard that I observed at room 60 of the Coconut Cay Resort and Marina. When I noticed the poor quality of the room I asked if I could change rooms and was told that they had nothing else available. In fact I was told to go up the road 3 miles and try to book a room at the Holiday Inn if I did not like the room I was given. Tired from a long drive with my family I decided to stay and told the woman a that I would stay the night and start looking for another place next day we literally wasted 2 additional days looking for another hotel when we finally found one we asked if we can be check out that when the receptionist became angry and told me that she could have gave us a different room if we would have asked. She never offered that instead she told me in numerous occasions that I can go to a different hotel because the whole hotel is booked for the holiday week end. I do believe that she did have rooms but for some reason beyond my comprehension she insisted that the rooms were pocked but She had the vacancy sign on and people where coming in walking in all weekend long. Upon request to leave the Coconut Cay early the woman at the front desk told me that I would be billed for the 5 days that I booked. I gut very disappointed and proceeded to ask her again to at least give me credit for the last to nights that’s when they called the authorities and had me removed from the property or go to jail Once I left the Coconut Cay I developed arch and a constant etch I called my family doctor and set up an appointment for me and my family for April 28. Coconut cay is clearly negligent and they are clearly false advertising their facility of being a clean and family friendly Resort. Room 60 is clearly not suitable for human occupancy. Sam Shannawi April 24 2011

Room Tip: stay as far as you can from this place
1  Thank samshannawi
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Pleasantly surprised. Resort was better than expected. Very nice stay. Book dockside if possible. Pretty view. Not sure I would actually classify as a "resort". But had a nice stay.

Room Tip: Get room dockside
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We had a family & friends (from Scotland) gathering here this month. We stayed in two of the rooms and the big brown house down the road. From the moment that we arrived, we were treated exceptionally by the owner and staff.We loved the brown house. The free use of the kayaks, paddle boats, and bikes, was great. The pool and pool area was clean. The whole staff were courteous and friendly and all you have to do is ask for something and it's brought to you. The rooms were small but clean (alls you do is sleep in them anyways) the brown house was HUGE and clean-NO BUGS! The deck at the brown house provided a tropical setting for morning coffee/coke and evening relaxation/fun. The planes landing was a little close (hahahaha). The neighbor Neil treated us like family, even letting us use his boat. I have no clue as to where all the BAD reviews are coming from but we had a BLAST the whole week there. We'll definately be returning to the Coconut Cay. THANKS STEVE, PAM & STAFF.