“Highlight of The Keys experience!”
Review of Seven Mile Bridge

$64.00*
Day Excursion to Key West From Miami
Ranked #2 of 50 things to do in Marathon
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I dont care how ambivalent your teens may be about a family vacation, you put them in the car and drive across this bridge and they WILL sit up and be amazed. This is a jaw-dropping ride, sort of like flying, as you cross this bridge high over the every-changing variations of turquoise waters below. And bonus - every single time you make the trip, your view and experience will be completely different. Guaranteed.

If you have time to stop and get out of the car, even better. There are many, many mysteries just below that water. Dolphins, turtles, manatees, stingrays and any number of fish to see.

If you wonder what that little island is that you see below the bridge - that's Pigeon Key - and you can go to the Pigeon Key Visitor Center (north of the bridge) to buy tickets on a ferry to check it out for only $12 a person. It's a beautiful boatride to a historic location where the kids can run free - everyone wins! If you want to stay around this area, Bahia Honda State Park is just south of the bridge where you can rent cabins or camp out and enjoy a couple of days getting immersed in the culture and beauty of this amazing area.

Bike or walk the bridge if you have more time! It's really iimportant to realize there is so much more to the Keys than meets the eye. Take time to relax and take it all in.

1  Thank Suzi Q
There are newer reviews for Seven Mile Bridge

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

All of my favorite childhood memories have this bridge in them! I remember driving our old motorhome over the old bridge and being able to see right over the edge of it down to the water below! I remember seeing the new bridge being built. I remember staying at the Hawks Nest and every sunset was even more spectacular with the bridge right there! It had been nearly 18 years since my last visit, but this past spring I was able to finally make the trek down from Michigan with my own family and my three kids got to experience this bridge with me! I'm so grateful that the old bridge is still here and we were able to walk along it! We are now making this an annual trip and I can't wait to get back here and visit again in a few months!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was nice drive & walk. Looking down from the bridge, we saw giant turtles, a sting ray, & sharks, besides many fish & other sea life. The walk to Pigeon Key is great. Great views from here.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Awesome bike ride over the Old Seven ! A little tricky to make the ride back into the 20 mile an hour winds. Don't miss this experience. You can rent bikes from Marathon Oversees Outfitters right near by, for a very reasonable $10 a day. They even will kick in a basket and combination lock.

1  Thank Gina F
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Rode bike on "Old Seven Mile" Do this! Rent very reasonably and ride to Pigeon Key! Great level easy ride!