“No frills, just fresh fish”

Fish Tales Market & Eatery
Ranked #11 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Family owned and Operated Seafood/Meat market and Restaurant. We serve the freshest local seafood, burgers, sandwiches, salads and more. Daily Specials; Beer & Wine. Mon.-Fri. 10-6:30 & Sat. 10-4
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a small place with tables right by the fish counter but the service is friendly and the very fresh fish is a bargain. Just see what's fresh that day and order either a sandwich or a platter. Don't forget a cup of conch chowder and a side of cole slaw.

1  Thank DianaW44_13

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Easy to find and visit. Consistent and fresh.
Tight seating, somewhat of a hole in the wall atmosphere but always a good place to stop in for an affordable fish sandwich, or a nice sized portion of fish and side.

One of our quick fix stops in Marathon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great sea food,I had the grouper, it was the best I have ever had. They also had a great Octoberfest beer from Germany also have great homemade deserts.
They close early 6:00 pm

Reviewed November 2, 2013

On our trip down to Marathon this time we ate here 4 times...We tried 2 other place...they can not compare.....The Octoberfest menu was awesome...The Bavarian Dolphin sandwich excellent...I also had the zucchini dolphin wrap...that was outstanding...We went fishing, caught some yellow tail snapper, they prepared it for us and gave us excellent service...A big thanks to Johnny...don't pass it up, try it, you'll like it......

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The title of my review is because during the month of October, they do a German menu that is so good!! This place is right off of Overseas Highway so there is no view. There is inside & outside seating. There is also a small bar inside. They sell hand cut steaks and fresh seafood as well. I am not a big seafood fan so Octoberfest is what got me to go here. They are always busy and the service is always friendly and efficient. I wish I could say more about the regular menu, but I can only go by what the hubby says. He says its very good. Always fresh and a wide variety of options. I will probably do an updated review after we go back. But I would recommend this place to anyone. Why would it be so busy, daily, if they weren't putting out good food?