“Great seafood!”

Ranked #11 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Family owned and Operated Seafood/Meat market and Restaurant. We serve the freshest local seafood, burgers, sandwiches, salads and more. Daily Specials; Beer & Wine. Mon.-Fri. 10-6:30 & Sat. 10-4
Reviewed June 6, 2013

If you're in the mood for great seafood, be sure to visit Fish Tales next time you're in Marathon.

There's no view, not much ambiance, just fantastic food and great service. For $10.95, we each had beer battered fried grouper (3 pieces) with ample sides of potato salad and cole slaw. The food was not only very good, but also fresh. The portions were huge! With a late lunch here, you won't have an appetite for dinner!

The breading was just right, light, not greasy at all. Rather than force feeding you fries like most restaurants do, they offer your choice of several sides.

This was a great meal, with terrific service. Try it, you'll love it!

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is nothing fancy, just a seafood market with a small diner, probably 10 tables total. The catch of the day was grilled up nicely with some nice vegetables and a choice of potatoes, plus coleslaw. I had a piece of their key lime pie to top it off. I was stuffed, all for about $15. I'd definitely go back next time I'm in Marathon.

1  Thank hawkeye68
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Dining room is tiny with no atmosphere but the food more than makes up for it. Tried the beer battered grouper. One of the best I ever had. Everything was fresh, made to order and served steaming hot. Prices very reasonable . Great service . Be sure to stop by if in the area

1  Thank iove2travel55
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I buy my steaks here and really want to like the restaurant. This was out third visit and will be our last. The burger I ordered we'll done had so much grease the bun was saturated and you couldn't pick up the sandwich. My wife dolphin sandwich had the same problem. It was grilled, where did the grease even come from? Last time we were here I ordered a tbone steak. It was awful. They fried it with no seasoning whatsoever. It came out grey and chewy. Then they had no steak sauce. The only flavor came from some petter on the table. They do have good steaks in their market you can cook at home but I would not recommend their menu food at all.

rae53_10, Owner at Fish Tales Market & Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

wow...first of all, I think you must have Fish Tales confused with another restaurant as we do not carry a t-bone steak on our menu & if we did, would never fry it??? Also, both our burgers and fish sandwich are done on a charcoal grill, so am positive there would never be a problem with having "grease" on either.
As I said, you must have us confused with another restaurant....am very sorry that you had a bad experience where ever you really were!!!
If you ever do get to Fish Tales, we will make sure that you are taken care of...and that your meal is as you like it.
Jackie, George & John Eigner/owners

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

You won't be disappointed. Food and service is excellent. Family run and operated. Made fresh and really good. Recommend it all.

1  Thank PLANE41USA