“Loved Fish Tales”

Ranked #9 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Family owned and Operated Seafood/Meat market and Restaurant. We serve the freshest local seafood, burgers, sandwiches, salads and more. Daily Specials; Beer & Wine. Mon.-Fri. 10-6:30 & Sat. 10-4
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch at Fish Tales based on the reviews at TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. My wife had the lunch special of yellow tail florentine and I had the fried hogfish basket. We enjoyed our meals so much that we returned again later in the week. I would highly recommend Fish Tales. The service was also quick and efficient. A lot of locals were eating there during our visits.

1  Thank Razorfish

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Little place at the end of town; great service. We showed up right at closing time and they were kind to let us in. Fantastic food, too. Had Acapulco fish tacos--nice and spicy; and grilled grouper---very good. Best meal we had in Marathon.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We visited Marathon a couple years before discovering this little gem. We only had lunch here & the food & service are great. The sandwiches are large so we usually split & then had dessert.....they are happy to accommodate. Also, their smoked fish is not to be missed, absolutely the best we've ever had. Go early or later than noon or it is difficult to find a table.

1  Thank RJT1949
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I'm always a little nervous when only one table has diners,but we were there at an off time. it was late for lunch and much too early for dinner. I'm sure glad it didn't scare us off. This location is a combination fish market/restaurant the first thing you notice is it doesn't smell fishy, To me that means everything is very fresh. Our waitress was pleasant and efficient. Everything arrived piping hot and was delicious. My son and i each had one of the daily specials, he had the dolphin and i had the hogfish. If you've ever caught your own fish and cooked it as soon as you docked your boat, you know what fresh is and this sure fit the bill. This will be a must do on every trip to the Florida keys for us from now on.

1  Thank originalstano
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a late lunch 1/11 don't let the outside fool you there are a lot of tables inside. Fish was very fresh and tasty, great value for the price.