“All open seating....good sandwiches.”
Review of Keys Fisheries

Keys Fisheries
Ranked #20 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Home of the Lobster Reuben! Fresh local seafood and Tiki Raw Bar. Waterfront dining on the bay. Fish market featuring fresh local fish, Key West Pink Shrimp, Lobster, Stone Crabs, House made soups, Key lime pie. A favorite locals seafood restaurant and market. Also check out our charter boat row for great fishing with the best captains in the keys.
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We ate here our 1st night in Marathon. After driving, flying and driving some more this was a nice, quick dinner. My 8&1/2 year old and my husband got the lobster cake sandwich with fries, I got the crab cake sandwich and my youngest got the grilled chicken. You give the name of a cartoon character when you order and when your food is ready that is the name they call for you to come to the counter and pick it up. It is self serve drinks(fountain sodas), ketchup, napkins, utensils. Seating is all outdoor and on the water. You can see the fish swimming around the dock.
Restaurant is a little out of the way, but the atmosphere and good food make it worth the while.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,548)

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The food is very good,I highly recommend it! The grouper sandwich is really good, and so are the buffalo shrimp!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Enjoy watching the fish as you eat your meal at the picnic tables on the wharf. Or, there's also open air seating "inside." There are several gum machine type dispensers that have fish food you can buy for a quarter to gather the fish.

Broad menu here. I always start with the lobster bisque. Here, it is textured rather than creamy. Not as good as I had hoped. The fried shrimp were alright: large and heavily battered. The French fries were wonderful. Someone at my table had the Caesar salad but didn't think it was very good. The appetizers make for good meals in themselves.

If you plan to pay by credit card, you must have picture ID with you.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was our first stop for lunch in Marathon, Fl. I ordered the Mahi Sandwich and the lady asked me what my favorite TV Show was. Instead of my name which my kids thought was fun. My youngest daughter ordered the Famous Lobster Rueben and it was also out of this world.. French fries came with the meals mad coleslaw. Most restaurants in Marathon are ala carte and do not come with anything. For my fish sandwich it was 10.95 and included the fries. Also fountain drinks were free refills!! This place is on a marina so you have a very nice view and can eat outdoors. Very nice place, great food.. We will go back to this place once more before our vacation comes to an end..

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Keys Fisheries is a little out of the way and not that easy to find but worth the effort . The Mahi dinner and Mahi sandwiches were our favorite . We visited about 10 times during our month in the keys . The only fish equal to this was if you caught it yourself . It has a full bar separate from the food order window. It can be described as five star fast food . After sundown every night they feed the tarpon or you do - free fish food at the bar. WE discovered that the Mahi dinner comes with real mashed potatoes and great fresh vegetables a change from fries depending on how the fish is prepared i.e (blackened with veggies), (fried with fries). The dinner is big enough to split but good enough to eat alone.It is on the water and a great Sundown location. The menu is extensive but I could never pass up the Mahi.No dressing up or tippng necessary but great ambiance.