“Rank smell”

Florida Keys Steak and Lobster House
Reserve with OpenTable
Florida Keys Steak and Lobster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 92 Restaurants in Marathon
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Stonegrill Dining is a new and exciting experience that allows your meal to be presented while cooking on a stone heated to 750 degrees to your table. High temperature sears in all the natural juices, nutrients & flavor giving you a taste beyond anything you've ever experienced. The Stonegrill is moisture activated. When the food is cooked, it will release from the stone, allowing you to turn it over or remove it without sticking. By dining from the Stonegrill, you are able to enjoy a meal freshly grilled to personal taste, whether it be rare, medium or well done. Your food will remain hot, allowing you to dine at leisure. Stonegrill Dining is recognized as one of the healthiest methods of cooking. The absence of oils or fats and the quick searing of food at high temperatures ensure delicious and healthy meals lower in calories that traditional cooking methods allow and taste unique to a Stonegrill.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went to Annette's for dinner with my neighbors. Haven't been there is six years. My first impression this time was that the person seating us (male) was not delighted to be working. Grumpy. Restaurant has a very dark interior and had a horrible smell (like vomit). Because I was with two other couples, I did not leave. Should have! Food was ok but nothing to write home about. Price for two with no liquor was $70. On the good side, our waitress, Cecilia T. was very nice and prompt. Sorry to say, my neighbors and I will not be returning to this restaurant.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed five nights in Marathon in May this year, and this was the restaurant we chose for our first dinner - and it was so good we went back four nights later! My first meal was the Hogfish Piccatta and, as another reviewer has said, this was absolutely delicious. I'd never eaten Hogfish before but thoroughly enjoyed it. Second visit, I had the scallops - again absolutely delicious! We were a party of four and every one of us enjoyed each of our meals. On the first night, our server even brought out a taster of their Key Lime Pie for us to try (we were too full for desserts but she wanted us to try Miss Annette's speciality!).

On both occasions, service was cheerful and prompt. It's a very friendly restaurant and, I might add, served the best Mojitos of our entire trip to The Keys!! Well worth a visit!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Services was very slow and distracted.The place looks as if no one cares its beat up and no repairs.The food was burnt to a crisp and cost was high for the quality and service. Their is fast food down the street that is better.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

From the outside this looked like a roadside diner, but inside it was a proper restaurant, very clean with cosy bar and very friendly staff. Menu was wide & food quality was great, focussing on seafood. As MurooG mentioned, the Key Lime pie had to be had (purely for research purposes), as in the area. It didn't disappoint.
Beer choice ticked the box, and wine was of very good standard.

We went back for a second night, and again were impressed. I would go back for a repeat visit if in the area & would recommend for anyone looking for a good restaurant around Marathon.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Great grilled fish sandwich; Salad bar, friendly service. A place full of the local people. Superb desserts! The Key Lime Pie was out of this world.