“Old world charm in the keys”

Florida Keys Steak and Lobster House
Ranked #4 of 90 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Stonegrill Dining is a new and exciting experience that allows your meal to be presented while cooking on a stone heated to 750 degrees to your table. High temperature sears in all the natural juices, nutrients & flavor giving you a taste beyond anything you've ever experienced. The Stonegrill is moisture activated. When the food is cooked, it will release from the stone, allowing you to turn it over or remove it without sticking. By dining from the Stonegrill, you are able to enjoy a meal freshly grilled to personal taste, whether it be rare, medium or well done. Your food will remain hot, allowing you to dine at leisure. Stonegrill Dining is recognized as one of the healthiest methods of cooking. The absence of oils or fats and the quick searing of food at high temperatures ensure delicious and healthy meals lower in calories that traditional cooking methods allow and taste unique to a Stonegrill.
Fort Lau
“Old world charm in the keys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

This restaurant is certainly one of the most authentic and charming in the keys. The hard wood floors and woodwork throughout provide an atmosphere long gone and certainly missed in the keys. We had dinner here and the steaks and seafood were excellent. Make sure to ask if the lobsters are fresh. They were frozen during our visit so we opted for the ribeye and shrimp. The waitress was wonderfully helpful and courteous. The souffle desserts are outstanding. I find it hard to believe that there have been negative views about this charming place here on trip advisor. Our experience was simply perfect. We love the nostalgic ambience and excellent food at this restaurant.

Sebring fl
“Prime rib heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

By far the best prime rib i've ever had. I can't wait to return. And yes thats my brother on the other review. Because I won't shut up about it...

• Visited August 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Best steak in the keys.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

If you can arrange to be anywhere near Marathon at dinner time make this a must. My brother an d I stopped here for dinner by chance. What a great surprise. My brother had the prime rib, and I the filet mignon. He said every prim rib he has from now on will be compared to this one. It was butter in your mouth.Full of flavor with just a hit of fat on the edge to make it even more pleasing. And my filet was one of the best I ever had. Done to perfection just as I asked for it. On the rare side of medium rare. On my next trip down this is a must on my list.

• Visited August 2012
Homestead, Florida
“Horrible lunch buffet”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I live in south florida and have been by Annette's many times. We finally decided to stop and try it after seeing a sign about a lunch buffet. Upon entry, it was dark and gloomy even in the bright light of mid-day in June. I took a quick look at the salad bar and it seemed fine so we ate there. The salad bar was okay, not great. Ingredient were fresh enough but not a huge selection.
The hot selections were terrible, however. They were like leftovers made into leftovers. The selections were gloopy, overcooked, or barely edible. Even the dessert (and I am a huge fan of the sweet stuff) was so unappealing I didn't even try it. It was a "chocolate cherry" cobbler or something like that but it was just a dark, soupy mess that looked like it was a can of cherry pie fillng with dark stuff in it. My travel companion and I sampled most of what was there. I thought about asking for our money back, but we had had beverages and I had a salad so I decided to just skip it but never come back. I don't know how they do with dinner entrees and I will never find out. There are so many great places to eat in the Keys it must be just the location that keeps this place in business--tourists who won't be back any time soon.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank L M
Atlanta, GA
“A true throwback”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Something about this place just makes you feel nostalgic. We have been here year after year and it is always good. The food is good and the servers make you feel like family which is nice when you are out of town. The menu is huge and it was changed at the end of last year. I think the food has gotten even better recently. It is worth a stop and the prices are fair which is not true of everywhere in the keys.

• Visited January 2012