“Nice place to stay very nice people.”

Seashell Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Marathon
Reviewed August 21, 2012

It is a very nice, quaint place to stay. Right on the beach with two piers. There are single kayaks to use during the stay, hammocks to rest in right on the sand. If you're looking for a quiet homey place this is just right. If you're looking for a Holiday Inn, this is not the place for you. Bed was a little uncomfortable. Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Nice oceanview.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LilyM45
There are newer reviews for Seashell Beach Resort

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I book this hotel through Expedia And could not get it cancel. Was not able to get extra towels, soap or blankets. It smelled very bad. I payed $155.51 for one night at this hotel and was not worth it. I called Expedia that night and told them my situation they tryed calling the hotel and no one answer. I was told that I will get a refund and I got none.
The lady at the front desk we not helpful.
This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank omela122
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My wife made a reservation on 06/20/12 through Hotels.com and they said seashell resort was a real good place and the pics looked nice so we booked it. We got there and they gave us beach house 1. we walked in and it smelled like a grease pit, and looked like it should have been closed down for being so nasty. The worst part was the lady got mad when I told her I wanted my money back. So I called hotels.com and they said I had to pay for one night stay at 139.00 dollars and I will be fighting this. Now we went down the road to Holiday Inn express and told them what happened and they guy John made things better by giving us a better deal than hotels.com couldnt touch.

Room Tip: Rooms are nasty and stink!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank dannysmallakadj
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We went to the seashell beach resort yesterday, viewed and selected a room, (#6) and left credit card payment.
Today, 24 hours after making the reservation - in the laste afternoon - we were contacted by Bea from seashell that the room was not available after all. The room we had selected and was promised was rented? She offered another, slightly smaller room. We went to look at the room bea was offering us.
The original room was beachfront, 1st floor with a full kitchen and private patio. The room Bea tried to switch us to was smaller, on the 2nd floor and not the same size.
Shame on you. It is obvious by the delay in contacting us that a better offer was made for room number 6 and that Bea did not honor our pre paid reservation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank igot2itchyfeet
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Do not believe any single good review of this place. My friends Brad Gandy and Jackie Garabedian booked the Seashell in late May 2012. It was so awful that we decided to stay at the Holiday Inn. The photo of the pier and water that they have on hotels.com is misleading and obviously dated. The room we saw was old and dirty. The front desk would not work with us as the three night stay was booked through hotels.com The Seashell didn't care about how we felt which is why I am happy that they didn't collect a penny as the bank easily blocked the transaction, although it took almost 3 days to be resolved. Their rooms are worth(less) than $30 a night in our opinion. Seashell Beach Resort is a dump that should be avoided at all costs.

Room Tip: Avoid The Seashell Beach Resort (dump) at all costs!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank swordfish-miami
Reviewed April 14, 2012

The place is cheap, so that is nice. The stree is right there- ocean is right in back!! The hamock in back is very cheap (I, almost broke it. I fell through the bottom.) Our neghbors were nice and loved my poodle, Miley. I wish it had a continental breakfast. Not much else for me to say it was fine but NOT a resort.

Room Tip: The down-stair rooms are WONDERFUL!!!!! And the top floors have a nice view. :)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank KELLY B
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Nice, cheap Hotel on the way to Key West.
Good for a 1- or 2-day stay. For a longer stay... the street is
to near by... except you have an ocean front-room!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Martin G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
Lime Tree Bay Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Been to Seashell Beach Resort? Share your experiences!