“Locals' Choice: Best Restaurant in Town”
Review of Barracuda Grill

Barracuda Grill
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The original definition of a restaurant used to be: owners cooking for their guests and extending the personal touch to their time at the joint, serving great food, wines, beers and having personal conversations, time allowing. That's why they come back! And that's what we attempt to do every evening that we serve dinner. Our great servers get to know you and handle the conversation when we are frankly too busy to leave the kitchen at times. After 23 years of service, I think we are going to make it!! Thank you to all that have graced our little spot over years, thanks a million!! Lance and Jan Hill, Chefs/Owners (and by the way, we love kids, have a few of our own, and provide a special menu just for them!) Please check Victoria Shearer's new book that just came out: Florida Keys & Key West Chef's Table, to grab a recipe or two :) Our menu is updated and printed daily. As a side note: we are not the least expensive restaurant in town, nor are we the most expensive. We provide an honest example of the expense to this site for your comparison. And the menu is hung just outside the front door. We do not automatically add a gratuity as routine. In this life I've found, you truly get what you pay for. At Barracuda Grill we respect that adage, respect your business and attempt to earn it every night we offer service (Thursday thru Saturday). PS. We are in the twilight of our cooking careers and look forward to serving you very soon!
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I are livelong residents of the middle keys and regularly dine at the Barracuda Grill. It is our number one choice for dinner (and closed for lunch). Each night features a fresh set of menu options with some steady standby selections as well. I love the heat of the red hot calamari and shrimp; he enjoys the robust "cowboy" steak. The food is simply delicious. The service is excellent; we especially enjoy the company of Rachel, who knows our tastes and is always most helpful when we can't decide. This is the place to go for the best dinner in town!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,097)

Reviewed July 9, 2014

very fresh , great service , not cheap but well worth the money
very clean nice dining experiance my grouper was perfect

Reviewed July 8, 2014

My date and I shared the escargot appetizer (big enough for four people) and the lamb entrée, which was tender and flavorful. The garlic peppersorn dressing was intense and thick, not your usual watery boring restaurant salad dressing. Our server, Katie, was quick and helpful, and even covered up for me when I spilt my wine. Five stars!

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic meal at the Barracuda! We have a big Italian family, so great food and a welcoming atmosphere are always a must ;) Our waitress, Rachel, made us feel at home as soon as we waked in the door, setting the stage with big smiles and great wine and food recommendations. The food was delicious and the service was first-class. Definitely a must for anyone visiting (or living in) the Keys. We're Keys locals and we would recommend the Barracuda to everyone. Cheers!

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

From the street it doesn't look like much.
But be sure to stop.
Excellent food. Great service.
Loved the bacon maple shrimp!