“Good food but a little pricey for what you get.”
Review of Barracuda Grill

Barracuda Grill
Ranked #2 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The original definition of a restaurant used to be: owners cooking for their guests and extending the personal touch to their time at the joint, serving great food, wines, beers and having personal conversations, time allowing. That's why they come back! And that's what we attempt to do every evening that we serve dinner. Our great servers get to know you and handle the conversation when we are frankly too busy to leave the kitchen at times. After 23 years of service, I think we are going to make it!! Thank you to all that have graced our little spot over years, thanks a million!! Lance and Jan Hill, Chefs/Owners (and by the way, we love kids, have a few of our own, and provide a special menu just for them!) Please check Victoria Shearer's new book that just came out: Florida Keys & Key West Chef's Table, to grab a recipe or two :) Our menu is updated and printed daily. As a side note: we are not the least expensive restaurant in town, nor are we the most expensive. We provide an honest example of the expense to this site for your comparison. And the menu is hung just outside the front door. We do not automatically add a gratuity as routine. In this life I've found, you truly get what you pay for. At Barracuda Grill we respect that adage, respect your business and attempt to earn it every night we offer service (Thursday thru Saturday). PS. We are in the twilight of our cooking careers and look forward to serving you very soon!
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Be ready to drop a few nickles here. Food is great but a little expensive, An appetizer of edamame was 14.00. Yep, you read that right. Wait staff is incredible, very friendly, very helpful. I had the grill chicken while one of the people I was with had the grouper. It looked good but he didnt offer me any. :( At any rate, great food but a little expensive comparatively speaking to other restaurants in the area

There are newer reviews for Barracuda Grill

Reviewed February 17, 2014

As always when away from home, looked to Trip Advisor for a dinner suggestion. This restaurant was near by and we decided the reviews were mostly good.
As advertised in TA, the food was excellent. The service was also friendly and attentive. The atmosphere was cute with lots of "Cuda's" surrounding the diners.
We found the food expensive but plentiful. The staff was ok with some of us sharing plates with a minimal charge. It worked out well, as it was our last night there and no room for leftovers. All in all, it was an excellent experience.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I ate at the barracuda again. And the food was wonderful as I expected. The service was excellent and had a great evening thank you
Barracuda

Reviewed February 15, 2014

What a great date night! I ordered the pesto scallops and my date had the crispy duck. Both were outstanding! The scallops were sizeable and cooked to perfection. The pesto sauce was delicious as well, especially for a garlic lover like myself. My boyfriend enjoyed his duck immensely and said the crispiness paired with the sweet sauce was amazing! While the entrees appear to be expensive, they come with salad and bread. Also, the portions are enough for a full leftover lunch the next day (if you can resist eating it all!) We managed to save room for dessert and ordered the creme brulee which was a perfect end to a delicious meal. Our server was Andi, she was very attentive and friendly; all of the staff were, and hard working too! Overall, this was a great dining experience and I definitely recommend the Barracuda Grill!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

What a pleasant surprise. We had no particular expectations of the food, our purpose was to request Rachel as our server. Well, both were outstanding. The menu is changed daily depending on the local catch and what dish moves best.. We had the Grilled Tuna and the Great Grouper...delightful choices. We also had the Magnificent Mussels for an appetizer rather than the entrée. Yum!

We were equally happy with Rachel as well. Great service.