“Another Great Visit”
Review of Barracuda Grill

Barracuda Grill
Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The original definition of a restaurant used to be: owners cooking for their guests and extending the personal touch to their time at the joint, serving great food, wines, beers and having personal conversations, time allowing. That's why they come back! And that's what we attempt to do every evening that we serve dinner. Our great servers get to know you and handle the conversation when we are frankly too busy to leave the kitchen at times. After 23 years of service, I think we are going to make it!! Thank you to all that have graced our little spot over years, thanks a million!! Lance and Jan Hill, Chefs/Owners (and by the way, we love kids, have a few of our own, and provide a special menu just for them!) Please check Victoria Shearer's new book that just came out: Florida Keys & Key West Chef's Table, to grab a recipe or two :) Our menu is updated and printed daily. As a side note: we are not the least expensive restaurant in town, nor are we the most expensive. We provide an honest example of the expense to this site for your comparison. And the menu is hung just outside the front door. We do not automatically add a gratuity as routine. In this life I've found, you truly get what you pay for. At Barracuda Grill we respect that adage, respect your business and attempt to earn it every night we offer service (Thursday thru Saturday). PS. We are in the twilight of our cooking careers and look forward to serving you very soon!
Reviewed December 5, 2013

When we come down to the Keys, we usually visit the Barracuda. Tonight a good recommendation from the waitress, all around. The Tuna was top notch. We like sushi so the tuna was sushi grade with a light grill and wasabi. I had the beef spare ribs. Tender and lightly sauced, excellent. The mac n cheese was a sharp cheddar flavor and nicely done.

Dessert was huge, hot brownie covered with massive scoops of vanilla and hot sauce. Really for 4-6 people, not a single serving.

Coffee was typical Starbucks, very hot and strong.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

seafood was really chewy and ultimately unedible. Pricey food that went into the garbage. One person in our party did enjoy a steak the rest of us did mention the odd taste and boiled seafood to our waitress she petty much said too bad. Perhaps if they had more options it would be better but how you screw up shrimp scampi and spaghetti...the chef will never know to correct the issue since the servers did nothing...just ick. I warned you if you don't like liquid smoke on your pasta stay away.

1  Thank fuchs27272
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We had the grouper which was vary good & paired nicely w/ a glass of reisling. Very friendly service! It was pricey but the purportions of food were generous. We left very full. Worth the visit.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant during our trip to the Keys. They open at 5:50 and we got there five minutes early so we were reading the menu by the front door.. The hostess invited us to come in and seated us and was very welcoming. The menu was ok but nothing special. According to Tripadvisor reviews, they have large portions and I read a good review on the scallops. I got the Big Fat Scallops appetizer for my entrée, because I wasn't very hungry, I received four scallops and a dollop of spicy seafood salad, that was too spicy for me. The first scallop I ate was cooked perfectly, but had no seasoning, so I squeezed the lemon on the remaining scallops, only to find out they had been seasoned. The rolls were very good & very hot. My husband got the N'awlins Seafood Spaghetti and the server asked how spicy he would like it. It was good, but not awesome. The salad was good, and they make all of the salad dressings in-house. Although the food would have warranted four stars, I gave the restaurant three stars because there seemed to be a big rush to get us out of there so they could turn the table ,and it was over-priced in my opinion. The ambiance was just ok, because the place seemed have an abundance of barracuda décor.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed dining at Barracuda Grill. The food was really good and the service excellent. I tried the vandaloo fish soup and it was delicious!