“Just eat here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barracuda Grill

Barracuda Grill
Ranked #2 of 90 Restaurants in Marathon
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The original definition of a restaurant used to be: owners cooking for their guests and extending the personal touch to their time at the joint, serving great food, wines, beers and having personal conversations, time allowing. That's why they come back! And that's what we attempt to do every evening that we serve dinner. Our great servers get to know you and handle the conversation when we are frankly too busy to leave the kitchen at times. After 22 years of service, I think we are going to make it!! Thank you to all that have graced our little spot over years, thanks a million!! Lance and Jan Hill, Chefs/Owners (and by the way, we love kids, have a few of our own, and provide a special menu just for them!) Please check Victoria Shearer's new book that just came out: Florida Keys & Key West Chef's Table, to grab a recipe or two :) Our menu is updated and printed daily. As a side note: we are not the least expensive restaurant in town, nor are we the most expensive. We provide an honest example of the expense to this site for your comparison (unlike some). And the menu is hung just outside the front door. We do not automatically add a gratuity as routine. In this life I've found, you truly get what you pay for. At Barracuda Grill we respect that adage, respect your business and attempt to earn it every night we offer service (Wednesday thru Saturday). PS. We are in the twilight of our cooking careers and look forward to serving you very soon!
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Just eat here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great place. My favorite in the keys. Get the potstickers. Just go and eat here. Very very good.my husband and I shared the pot stickers and the escargot and mushroom and were full after that. We also had the dolphin fish. Creative. Emu that delivers.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“By far my very favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

After 20+ years in the Florida Keys I can easily say this is my favorite dining experience. GREAT food, awesome staff and really cool decor make it a great night out. Try the Prime Rib!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best. Restaurant. EVER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I spend a lot of time in Marathon, and this is hands down my favorite restaurant! The entire staff (Jane, Erica, Ashley and owner Lance) always make dining here an experience! I highly recommend the shrimp dumplings (to die for!) and the warm brie with apricot preserves (delicious!), My dinner companion last weekend had the escargot and portabello appetizer and raved about it. The wine list is extensive and there isn't anything on it that isn't yummy. All in all, everything is great, nothing is lacking. Highly recommend this place :-)

• Visited July 2013
Denver
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place was very nice! The service was outstanding and the food was delicious! It is a small place but with a great atmosphere and a good menu with lots of items!

Visited June 2013
“Wonderful Dinner in the Keys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were vacationing in Marathon and are glad we gave Barracuda a try. My husband said the scallops were to die for and my grilled chicken salad was awesome. Our waitress was very pleasant and we very much enjoyed our time. Thanks for an awesome meal.

• Visited June 2013