“By far my very favorite restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barracuda Grill

Barracuda Grill
4290 Overseas Hwy, Mile Marker 49. 5 Bay Side, Corner 43rd Street, Marathon, FL 33050-2335
+1 305-743-3314
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 90 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The original definition of a restaurant used to be: owners cooking for their guests and extending the personal touch to their time at the joint, serving great food, wines, beers and having personal conversations, time allowing. That's why they come back! And that's what we attempt to do every evening that we serve dinner. Our great servers get to know you and handle the conversation when we are frankly too busy to leave the kitchen at times. After 22 years of service, I think we are going to make it!! Thank you to all that have graced our little spot over years, thanks a million!! Lance and Jan Hill, Chefs/Owners (and by the way, we love kids, have a few of our own, and provide a special menu just for them!) Please check Victoria Shearer's new book that just came out: Florida Keys & Key West Chef's Table, to grab a recipe or two :) Our menu is updated and printed daily. As a side note: we are not the least expensive restaurant in town, nor are we the most expensive. We provide an honest example of the expense to this site for your comparison (unlike some). And the menu is hung just outside the front door. We do not automatically add a gratuity as routine. In this life I've found, you truly get what you pay for. At Barracuda Grill we respect that adage, respect your business and attempt to earn it every night we offer service (Wednesday thru Saturday). PS. We are in the twilight of our cooking careers and look forward to serving you very soon!
“By far my very favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

After 20+ years in the Florida Keys I can easily say this is my favorite dining experience. GREAT food, awesome staff and really cool decor make it a great night out. Try the Prime Rib!!!!!

• Visited August 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best. Restaurant. EVER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I spend a lot of time in Marathon, and this is hands down my favorite restaurant! The entire staff (Jane, Erica, Ashley and owner Lance) always make dining here an experience! I highly recommend the shrimp dumplings (to die for!) and the warm brie with apricot preserves (delicious!), My dinner companion last weekend had the escargot and portabello appetizer and raved about it. The wine list is extensive and there isn't anything on it that isn't yummy. All in all, everything is great, nothing is lacking. Highly recommend this place :-)

• Visited July 2013
Denver
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place was very nice! The service was outstanding and the food was delicious! It is a small place but with a great atmosphere and a good menu with lots of items!

Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Dinner in the Keys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were vacationing in Marathon and are glad we gave Barracuda a try. My husband said the scallops were to die for and my grilled chicken salad was awesome. Our waitress was very pleasant and we very much enjoyed our time. Thanks for an awesome meal.

• Visited June 2013
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went here last night after reading all these amazing TA reviews and we were not disappointed. First we started with the potstickers. Coming from someone who really does not eat meat , these were so good I could eat them all day every day. My boyfriend even dipped the bread in the sauce it came with it was that good. Then we got burgers. They were good and we definitely enjoyed them. Then our waitress offered us vinilla bean strawberry cheesecake. It sounded good so we took some to go. That was some of the best cheesecake....ever. I would definitely recommend this cute little gem.

Visited June 2013