“Filet Mignon”
Review of Barracuda Grill

Barracuda Grill
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The original definition of a restaurant used to be: owners cooking for their guests and extending the personal touch to their time at the joint, serving great food, wines, beers and having personal conversations, time allowing. That's why they come back! And that's what we attempt to do every evening that we serve dinner. Our great servers get to know you and handle the conversation when we are frankly too busy to leave the kitchen at times. After 23 years of service, I think we are going to make it!! Thank you to all that have graced our little spot over years, thanks a million!! Lance and Jan Hill, Chefs/Owners (and by the way, we love kids, have a few of our own, and provide a special menu just for them!) Please check Victoria Shearer's new book that just came out: Florida Keys & Key West Chef's Table, to grab a recipe or two :) Our menu is updated and printed daily. As a side note: we are not the least expensive restaurant in town, nor are we the most expensive. We provide an honest example of the expense to this site for your comparison. And the menu is hung just outside the front door. We do not automatically add a gratuity as routine. In this life I've found, you truly get what you pay for. At Barracuda Grill we respect that adage, respect your business and attempt to earn it every night we offer service (Thursday thru Saturday). PS. We are in the twilight of our cooking careers and look forward to serving you very soon!
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Absolutely the best steak in town. The service is great and Lance (the owner) and his wife Jan really love what they do. That shows in every dish that comes out of the kitchen.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,094)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had the snapper and hubby had the BBQ. Both were excellent! Kids had spaghetti and then were offered ice cream. The service was great. Erica was our waitress and she was wonderful with our children. She was so helpful and patient with our tired two year old. By far the best meal and service we had in the keys!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I reviewed Barracuda back in July 2011 and returned Dec 2012. My family has a weekend home in Marathon and we usually dine at home, catching our own fish and dine out at least once while we are there as well. Well this trip, it was way to windy to go fishing so we decided to have dinner at Barracuda and again I was disappointed. I ordered Mahi, I've had Mahi at least a 100 times (that's what we catch and cook ourselves), well when mine came, it about 99% certain it wasn't Mahi. It was tough and had the skin on it. You don't serve mahi with the skin on. The caesar salad dressing is too peppery and garlicy that we didn't even eat it. The next night for New Years, we went to The Plaza Grill (been there a few times) and it was a 100% better meal. I'm sorry to say that I will not be back to Barracuda, not any time soon at least.

jvh33, Owner at Barracuda Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

We find it odd that you continue writing negative reviews of our restaurant while extolling the greatness of one of our competitors? Perhaps the next time you are making a decision on where to dine, you could leave us out of the process and everyone would be so much happier.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I have been going to the Barracuda for years and like the wine we enjoy there, it just get better with age! The menu is small but outstanding and we look forward to many more visits in the future! At our last visit, Rachael our server was such a delight!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Dear TA:

Our recent meals at the Barracuda Grill, in Marathon, FL, demonstrated their continuing commitment to quality food and service. In nearly 2 decades we’ve yet to be disappointed and note their continued flow of customers. Stop in!

J & B