“Good stop for breakfast”
Review of Lulu's Garden Grill - CLOSED

Lulu's Garden Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Pulled in for breakfast as we were driving back from Key West. Made to feel very welcome and the place is bright and airy. The food was good - perfect poached egg, good pancakes and decent coffee and orange juice. Well worth a stop if you're passing.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

1. If you come here expecting gourmet dining-you will be disappointed, look at the menu...it is pub food- and because they round the prices up-it may seem expensive, but a $10 order of wings is pretty much the same as a $9.95 order of wings.
2. They are new, so there are learning curves...my experience included a bartender willing to air any and all personal dirty laundry, not for timid ears. It was more amusing than offending, but I could see where someone might be offended.
3. The kitchen was painstakingly slow. It was not busy at 2 in the afternoon, it should not take that long to get a happy hour portion of wings.
4. THAT all being said, I had an enjoyable visit. My wings were the happy hour portion of 4 wings (buffalo sauce, medium hot) with bottled blue cheese dressing. The wings were meaty and the portion (at $5) was perfect to stave off my hunger, but not leave me too full or with a take home bag. My beers were cold, my service prompt (from the bartender) and the group at the bar was pretty fun, a bunch of strangers brought together on a warm afternoon to mingle like old friends for a brief spell.
5. Will I go back? Sure! Like I said, it isn't a four star restaurant, just a nice outdoor setting with the usual pub fare.

1  Thank Jane K
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Lulu's was a great place for lunch. The decor is cute, the food was very good and the server was attentive. We ate inside for the air conditioning but noticed they had a tiki bar outside as well. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Where do I start? Went for the breakfast that they advertise via board by highway. We got there at 11am (with the sign still out at the road) and was told after we ordered our coffee that they stop serving breakfast. We told them we just wanted breakfast so we would pay for our drinks and then leave but the manager overheard and said they could make us some breakfast. 30 minutes after we ordered, we were told they "didn't have hashbrowns, or grits, the fruit was "rotten" and would we like fries with our breakfast". When we said no, we don't want fries with our eggs, the waitress rudely replied "Why not, they are potatoes and fried, same thing as hashbrowns." After waiting way too long for a couple eggs and toast, we received our greasy, over-cooked eggs and burnt toast on plastic plates. Coffee was also burnt by the way. We tried to leave 3 times but was convinced to stay by the waitress. We should have listened to our instincts. 4 other couples left after finding out breakfast was over....we should have been that smart. They discounted our meals, but even with that, I wasn't happy paying for eggs that my 12 year old could make better. The manager never did come over to speak to us. He thought enough to discount the ticket but not enough to want to face the music, I guess.

-Dirty floors, windows and walls
-Plastic plates
-Terrible service
-Mediocre food at best
-Over-priced food without the atmosphere, service and quality to justify it.
-Still can't get over the waitress telling us that the fruit was rotten! (what were they serving to the poor folks who DID get breakfast?!) YUCK!

As locals who work in the hospitality business, we will be advising all to say away!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

To be fair, Lu Lu’s has only been open a week or so. There is an indoor dining room and some outside seating, including a tiki bar. We dined outside at the tiki bar. Dining outside was detracted from by smokers and folks spraying bug repellant. There is a respectable selection of about 6 draft beers and the normal bottled lineup. The dinner menu includes appetizers, sandwiches in the $10 range and entrees in the $20 range. None of the apps overly tempted us. We opted for a cheeseburger with a side salad ($1.95 upcharge) and a grilled mahi sandwich. Our food came out with another couple’s who ordered quite a bit after we did. The fries were greasy, flabby, and luke warm. I received fries, though I had ordered a side salad. My burger, also lukewarm, was cooked about right and included the lettuce, tomato, and cheddar cheese. The burger did have a nice grilled flavor. My husband’s grilled mahi sandwich was pale, bore no grill marks, and was missing the grilled onions and remoulade sauce described on the menu. Our bartender was very personable and had a knack for remembering names. We will likely go back for a beer, but not for the food.

1  Thank HappyCamper48