“Nice setting and good pizza”

Tarpon Creek Bar & Grill
Ranked #17 of 92 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American, Latin, Pizza, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Tiki Bar
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a casual beer and pizza place near our hotel. This place fit the bill, since it was immediately behind where we stayed.

The pizza was pretty good and with a Caesar salad made for a nice dinner. We sat along the wall on the water side so had a nice view as well.

The menu is varied and ranged up to filet mignon which we saw ordered by many other diners. There is a reasonable wine list although we stuck with beer tonight.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

When I gave a bad review originally to Tarpon Creek Bar & Grill, the chef & manager were so disappointed with my review that they asked my wife and I to come back and try them again.
This we were happy to do and went on a Saturday night at 7.30. Our second experience was totally different from the first. The service was excellent, the food was very good also. The manager and the chef came to see us and we talked through the problems we had on our first visit. After speaking to them I am happy that our first experience was not the norm for this restaurant and we are very glad we went back.
I think being from the UK there is also a cultural difference. When my wife and I go to dinner, we like to take our time, share a bottle of wine and make an evening off it. Generally we found, during our stay in Marathon, that restaurants offered speedy service which seem to suit most of the people vacationing there.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We ate at Tarpon Creek Bar & Grill in Marathon Florida, and Frank was our server. He was efficient and attentive, and we highly recommend you ask for Frank at this fantastic restaurant. Thanks for the great evening, Frank!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had dinner here after a day of fishing. Really nice atmosphere. We had the avocado bacon blue cheese burger. EXCELLENT! Done just right. prices reasonable and server - Sheila - was terrific. Super thumbs up! Phyllis and Randy

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

The food was good, the view is beautiful, the service was great (Thanks to Sheila our waiter). just a suggestion, in families with children we need the mosquito spray, this is very welcome service in families, especially in restaurants to open air. Surely we'll be back.