“Great food!”

Cuisines: American, Latin, Pizza, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Tiki Bar
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I went to Tarpon Creek December 30, 2013 with my long time boyfriend. I ordered Grilled Mahi with Green Bean Almondine and Twice Baked Potato. The Mahi was the absolute best and was cooked perfectly!! The green beans were awesome as well. But the potatoes tasted like instant mashed potatoes that were in a baked potato shell that had been sitting under a heat lamp for about 10 hours. I ate it anyways and cleaned my entire plate. My boyfriend ordered the Piglet Pizza and it was perfect too!
We went for a late dinner (around 8pm I think) and they weren't really busy, maybe 5 tables that were occupied by customers. We were told that it would be a 30 minute wait and that we could go sit at the bar in the meantime. I don't know why it was a 30 minute wait when they weren't busy, but it was mentioned by one of the waiters that there were problems in the kitchen. We were kind of disappointed with this what seemed unnecessary wait, but the great food made up for it. Plus I figured that whatever was going on that night with our long wait was a fluke and probably not a part of their everyday operation.
There was so much on the menu I would have loved to have tried. If I ever go back to The Keys, I am eating here again and I would recommend this place to anyone!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Ate dinner on New Years Eve here. The atmosphere is great, very clean. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The food was good. I had a big salad with shrimp, others had pizza and one had prime rib. Everyone was happy with their meal.

1  Thank beach_mom_leesburg
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Good location on an inland waterway. Giant Tiki covering and good bar for watching sports. Coupons in magazines to get free Key Lime Pie. Kids can check-out boats and critters in water by walking along dock while waiting for food. Located in back of Holiday Inn.

1  Thank JoshBillings
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We were there the same time and date of the last reviewer. Had some great wood fired pizzas, salad and burgers. Our server was awesome (we were a party of 11) and very accommodating. When we left I asked for the manager to tell him how much we enjoyed our meal!! Next time we're in the keys we will be back!!

1  Thank dg45
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had a good meal there ,however the service was very slow . We arrived at around 7:00 PM . The dining room was a little over 3/4 full and i could not see how many were on the porch. We were seated right away ,however it was 10 minutes before our server came for our drink order. We ordered and waited another 10 before we received our drinks ,we had asked for a glass of seltzer with our drinks and it never came . We then waited another 10 minutes for our dinner order to be taken ,meanwhile a waitress brought a plate to our table that we had not ordered. I got up to return the misplaced order and the waitress came and took it to its rightful owner . Meanwhile we watched a busboy clear a six top taking 7 trips back and forth from the bus station to clear a table (get these kids some trays ) This could be a good place but the management better get some training going for the wait staff. It was quite evident that the wait staff was under water . We could look at the dining room and not see any wait staff for minutes at a time. We never got our water after asking twice .
The food was pretty good and the hostess was really trying even taking drink orders and reassigning wait staff to help the waitresses who were drowning. . For the time of the year here they should be at the top of their game .We live in a similar seasonal tourist area and it looked like the first game of the preseason

1  Thank BillyD428
TarponCreek, General Manager at Tarpon Creek Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your experience dining here at Tarpon Creek. While we love all the wonderful positive reviews like the one above it is the comments like yours that help us to grow and improve. We are constantly training and teaching our staff, some of whom are very new, and every bit of feedback that we get can help us do that. Sometimes during the dinner hours as we hurry about we do not see the details that you can notice while sitting at a table watching the goings on. Since reading about your experience we have been working with our wait staff on the basic steps of service, the timing of greeting and serving guests and prompt correct delivery of food and drinks. I also noticed how many trips back and forth the bus staff was making to clear tables and we have taught them to use trays and tubs for clearing tables. I am so sorry that we let you down during your experience with us, we are working daily to get our team performing at their game day best! As a relatively new restaurant we are making mistakes and your input helps us not to make the same mistakes twice. Please come and visit us again.