“Great Key Lime Pie”

Cuisines: American, Latin, Pizza, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Tiki Bar
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Tarpon Creek is an open-air, tiki styled restaurant on the water (not ocean front, however). The water keeps the dining area pleasant and inviting. I found the food to be very good, but slightly over priced. Again, the food was really good so the price in no way turned me off. The Cuban balls as an appetizer is a must as is the Key Lime Pie. While hard to find, once you do it is a very pleasant dining experience and you can walk by a few charter boats after dinner. I would recommend a visit.

1  Thank JDP2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've stayed in the Keys several times and have always made this place one of my stops. The view of the mangroves and wildlife is wonderful. They also have incredible mojitos and a menu that is always trying something new. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. **** visitor tips *** They have a marina right next door that offers fishing charters, there is also a nice new hotel next door as well, the restaurant is open air tiki style.

1  Thank ATLSawyer
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stopped last night for a couple of drinks. Loved the atmosphere. On the water. Open air, reminded me of Hawaii. Breeze blowing through. Aroma of food drifting around. Attentive staff. View of the marina and boats passing by.Wish we would have found this sooner in our trip. Want to relax? This is a fantastic place to do it. Drinks reasonably priced.

1  Thank Bruce K
Reviewed July 13, 2013

A friend and I decided to check this place out since it recently re-opened under a different name nd different management.

We sat at the bar which has a really nice view of the Key Colony harbor.

We went during happy hour but the bartenders weren't exactly sure what was covered on happy hour and had no menu for it.

I ordered the buffalo shrimp sliders for $11.

I was shocked when it showed up to the table. The order consisted of TWO tiny sliders each with ONE shrimp on it! The shrimp were just fried in batter with no buffalo sauce or seasoning and onion nd a mayonnaise sauce. Two shrimp and a bun for $11 and the food was nothing special. I ordered two draft beers and they were $7 each and I was told this was discounted for happy
All in all, extremely over priced with mediocre food at best - we will not be returning or referring anyone.

My friends all had very similar experiences and we all ordered something different. Poor food, high prices.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stopped for a late afternoon snack and had to have the fried key lime pie. It was awesome! Never had a dessert like this, but it definitely is worth having! Fried shrimp was not on the menu, but the waiter got some for us by doing some creative substituting - again, excellent. We were less than impressed with the nachos however. The order was served in a basket with a small amount of multi-colored tortillas chips with an equally small amount of yellow cheese melted over the top. That was it. We won't order that again. That said, the atmosphere is great and even though the restaurant is not air conditioned, the breeze flowing through made the room very comfortable. Next time we are in Marathon we will definitely go back, this time for dinner!

1  Thank 6389LovetoTravel