“Pleasantly surprised”

Cuisines: American, Latin, Pizza, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Tiki Bar
Reviewed June 16, 2013

While staying at the adjacent Holiday Inn, we decided to give Tarpon Creek a try. We dined with another couple and whenever we come down to the Keys we always look forward to good dining experiences. Tarpon Creek did not disappoint. I had the Lobster Pot Pie which was very good and my husband and good friend both had some type of seafood medley that looked wonderful. They both enjoyed it very much and our last party member had the Yellowtail and was happy with her dish as well. The atmosphere of the restaurant is very nice and the staff very friendly.
I say pleasantly surprised because of some previous reviews. We really enjoy good dining and hate to come out of a restaurant disappointed, and in fact I was trying to talk the group out of coming here. I'm so glad I was talked into it. We also thought the prices were fair as well and they had a nice variety in their menu. Next time when in the Keys, we will certainly come back to the Tarpon Creek Bar & Grill.

1  Thank HappyFeetx2
Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Right behind Holiday Inn, loved fish tacos,wife loved wood grilled Mahi!!! Kids enjoyed wood wood grilled pizza. Beautiful building friendly staff!!!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Very good fish tacos and grilled asparagus . Nice breezy tiki hut with a great view. Look behind the Holiday Inn Express to find this casual restaurant.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This place was very good. The food was excellent quality and the service was good (I believe our waitress was Merri). The setting is nice on the marina, the interior of the restaurant is great. Very good atmosphere. I had the shrimp and grits, which were excellent quality.

My main problem with the restaurant is portions for the price you pay. My shrimp and grits was great, but for $18 they should give more than 6 shrimp and a couple tiny pieces of sausage. Oh, and the margarita was $8 and it was on par for your average $4 margarita at any cheap Mexican restaurant in the US.

Overall though, this was one of the better meals I had while in the keys on vacation....I just left hungry, which is always a little disappointing.

1  Thank jakelassiter
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Beautiful Tiki Bar style restaurant, Menu from my personal viewpoint was a bit limited but my wife and I both had steak cooked to perfection and one of the best steaks we have every had and I can recommend this without hesitation.

1  Thank Empcom