“Great Fishing with Capt. Brent Kindell”
Review of Coral Charters

Coral Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy fun and action-packed Marathon fishing charters with Captain Brent Kindell. Some of the best fishing in the Florida Keys is found here in Marathon: from tarpon fishing, fishing for tuna, dolphin, wahoo, sailfish, snapper, or grouper, & many more. Over 25 years fishing experience in Marathon. From first-timers to old salts, I aim to show you the best day of fishing you can get in Marathon.
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

The last week of Dec. my family and I rented a 27' Sea Chaser from Tropical Boat Rentals for 3 days. We hired Capt. Brent Kindell of Coral Charters in Marathon Fl. as a guide for two half days. It was a very wise decision. He showed us how and where to catch fish. I hope to return next year. We were also very pleased with the great service we received from Tropical Boat Rentals. I only regret that we could only fish for three days of our stay. We would like to have booked a fishing trip with Capt. Brent on his boat.

There are newer reviews for Coral Charters

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have fished with Captain Brent Kindell five times and will not fish with anyone else in the Marathon area of the Florida Keys. Several times we fished around the reef on the ocean side and caught Mangrove Snappers or Yellow Tailed Snappers. One time we went into deeper water and caught a 27 pound Black Grouper. Last month, in December, we went to the Gulf side and limited out on Mangrove Snappers in about two hours. The most recent trip last week we went out about 25 miles to "the humps" in the Gulf Stream where the water around the humps is about1,200 feet deep. We caught about 30 Black Fin Tuna in about an hour. Twice we had four Tunas on at the same time. Three times we had three on at the same time. There is no doubt in my mind we could have caught 100 if we had not decided to deep drop on the humps in about 600 feet of water. The first fish we hooked broke a 500 pound test swivel on our rig. The second fish we hooked was a 14 foot shark that we fought for about an hour and a half. When it got close to the boat, it broke the leader. On the way in we caught a large Tile fish which was delicious. I talked to two people from two different boats who were at the humps the same time we were and they did not get a bite. We had a great time. Captain Brent is fun and knowledgeable. His rates are very reasonable compared to others. We have always caught plenty of fish. I highly recommend Captain Brent Kindell if you are looking to fish around Marathon, Florida. He is simply, the best.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Kathy & I really enjoyed spending the day on the water with Capt. Brent Kindell. Brent took us into the Atlantic waters. It was crystal clear, so he was able to point us to turtle, parrot fish, sea sponges, & a nurse shark. While chumming, there were clouds of fish behind. We moved out to deeper waters & tried another type of fishing. We caught a large variety of fish. He is able to find what you are looking for. Kathy even caught an Atlantic Shark! It was the highlight of our Florida Keys vacation. Capt. Brent made it so much fun for total novices like us! He is worth his weight in gold & reasonably priced. Blue Jay

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We went on a charter with Captain Brent in January 2013. We originally were going to book a charter through the resort that we were staying at but heard about Capt Brent from another couple at our resort. We gave him a call and booked a full day with him. We had our children with us. The night before our charter, Capt Brent called us to warn us that the waves would be strong and advised us to reschedule so that we would have a good time on the water with our kids. We did just that and had a very enjoyable and successful trip with him. Our kids had a blast and so did we. We are from Michigan and spend our summers fishing the Great Lakes so fishing was a must for our vacation. We caught plenty of fish and then went to a restaurant that Capt Brent recommended where they cooked our fresh fish. We will definitely fish with him when we return and we have referred friends to him. Our friends also had "the time of their lives" with him today while on their honeymoon!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Brent Kindell/Coral Charters was recommended by a local tackle shop in Marathon. It was easy to reach and schedule with Brent. As we got close to our trip, I confirmed things with Brent, and things were locked in. I arrived in Marathon with my family, which included my wife, my teenage daughter, and two of her friends. Unfortunately, the weather became unstable, and we started having off an on thunderstorms in the days leading up to our scheduled charter. Brent was very good about working with us around the weather, which we really appreciated. Most captains would have happily taken our money, rain or shine. In the end, we put together a wonderful and memorable charter and caught a nice variety of fish. We found Brent to be very friendly, courteous, and professional. He and his boat were well prepared. In addition, Brent treated and interacted as a gentleman with the ladies on board. We have since chartered with Brent again, and intend to give him a call on our next trip to Marathon.