“Great Food”

Ranked #5 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Brutus Seafood is a fresh seafood market and full service restaurant who offers a wide range of signature sandwiches, salads, and baskets with unique daily specials. We feature only the freshest local seafood from the Florida Keys, certified Angus beef, and slow roasted meats. Our cool relaxed tiki is the perfect place to enjoy your next meal! Brutus Seafood also offers fresh, in season seafood, and prepared homemade seafood salads. We also ship our fresh seafood anywhere in the continental United States. We are a family operated business who has been in the service industry for over 10 years. Stop in and be welcomed by our friendly staff!
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Great Food”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I stopped here after a bad experience at another nearby restaurant. Parking lot was full which is always a good sign. The service was great and the food equally good. I asked one of the waitresses if this was a family business and she said yes, I'm the mom and those are my two daughters. It shows. Atmosphere, service, and food all showed that they cared about the business and customers. Small, noisy at lunch, but just a great place to eat. .

• Visited January 2014

New York City, New York
“Fresh food; clean joint”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Ordered a take out order of grouper sandwich and the Daily Mahi special, along with a salad and steamed broccoli. Excellent! Fair price. Quick and friendly service. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Apparently not used to people who look like me :-(”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Based on the reviews I decided to try this place while in town teaching a CPR class for Walgreens pharmacists. I called and asked if they were open for lunch and the were. The cashier was very nice and the same person that answered the phone. There was a miscommunication with her suggestion dish, she suggested a tuna spinach wrap and said it was fresh sushi tuna. I was excited to try this. However, it was fresh but cook, over cooked. I also ordered the smoked fish dip that sells out daily. The flavor was great but too oily for me personally. I didn't realize it until I returned to Walgreens and I called back. The total was about $20 bucks. When I spoke to the cashier again she was very accommodating. The owner wanted to speak to me and when she got on the phone she seemed extremely irritated, short, and snappy. She did offer to replace the sandwich but said that since she sells out of fish dip "it's just out of the question about that and that's just the way it's gonna be!"

My first mind said to just return to Miami but I was still starving, I'm a business owner and I would want my customers to give me a chance to address whatever issue they had, plus I was out of $20 bucks so I decided to return after I finished teaching my class. They prepared another sandwich, a grouper wrap. It was good. When I came back the owners looked at me the same way as the first time, really oddly, as if they were not used to servicing people of color. The entire vibe in the restaurant was that way except the music! Motown. There was definitely a "chill" in the air when I walked in the door. The black bean salad and fries were good. If you go to this place make sure it's not during lunch and make sure the only color on your body is from a deep tan, not of original DNA!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Cristal K
“Good eats and frequented by the locals”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Ate here with the family on Marathon key. Great service as well as good food. The staff worked as a team and never let my ice touch air. Conch basket was great as well as the Cuban and buffalo shrimp basket. Way to go Brutus we had a great lunch!

“Nice little place for great food”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Went here after a search for a certain type of restaurant failed. My friends were in horrible moods so I of course checked trip advisor and saw this place. We went and ordered. The staff was very helpful and very nice. The food was outstanding. The building is small for large groups. We had 5 and were fine tho. By the end of dinner all guys in our group were happy and said the food was great. All wait staff were awesome. If I ever get back to the area I have no doubt I would stop again.