“Great staff”

A Deep Blue Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: WELCOME to the fabulous Florida Keys, with America's only Continental living coral reef. The Middle Florida Keys is one of the world's most versatile and breathtaking dive destinations. You will be in awe of the wonderous sights below. So much so, you will want to stay down forever. A Deep Blue Dive Center, located in the city of Key Colony Beach, invites you and your family to dive or snorkel off "Turtle", a roomy 34 ft., six-passenger-maximum dive vessel equipped with a fresh water shower. Keep your eyes open for a dolphin or turtle on the 30 minute ride back to the dock. We have a complete line of SCUBA and snorkel gear for sale or rent. Or just stop by to get info on where the locals go.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went on an afternoon snorkel. The team went out of its way to tell us about the conditions on the water and gave us the option to do it another time. We chose to go on the boat and had a fun, beautiful time on the water. Their warning was right, though, as with younger kids the water was too choppy to feel comfortable. And we did not see many fish But it was a ssfe adventure because of their great staff. Not the biggest outfit in Marathon, but they were very helpful to us in making a choice and enjoying the time we had in the Keys..

Reviewed March 14, 2013

While the employees of A Deep Blue Dive were very nice, I was not happy with the fact that they added the "tip" on to the bill. Just raise your prices! They did nothing to get a tip from me. Although they claimed to have drinks on board, we were not offered anything after our trip and the boat had new carpet that ruined two of our guests' shoes. The snorkeling was nice.

1  Thank Jraytx
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I've been to the Keys several times the last few years and have generally dove with Tilden's Dive Shop. This trip, I decided to try a new place (Tilden's recently sold to Hall's) and am very happy with my decision. Deep Blue, from the initial phone call to our final rehashing of my wreck dive to the Thunderbolt, was an absolute pleasure. The staff was very welcoming and helpful with extra gear, gloves and flashlight, for the rough spots along the cable and to see the huge Groupers in the dark corners inside the ship. Our Master Diver, Cal, was courteous, fun to be with and instructive. He free dives to 95* feet and definitely makes you feel comfortable if your an occasional diver like me. Deep Blue is the best around and a definite 5 star experience. They deserve their number one rating in the Marathon area - earned a few years back in Diver Magazine. Small is better!

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed December 28, 2012

During a trip over the summer, we were taking my younger sister of only 6 to go snorkeling again. We had gone to the location on Key Colony Beach but had decided to try and see if there were better prices. I cannot remember where but there was a location that was $2 cheaper however the staff was terribly rude. So we went over to the Marathon location and went out to a few shallow dive locations for a few hours and had a great time.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We planned a family trip to the Keys for our Thanksgiving. I found A Deep Blue Dive Center through references. The only contact I had prior to our arrival was with Brittany at the shop and an email or two with Jeff. Both people were professional and helpful. From the first day we arrived to our last day, the crew of John, Cal, Larry, and Melissa made it a great experience. In total, my family and I went on 8 dives that ranged from a deep wreck to shallow reefs. Both Cal and Melissa guided us to great places where we saw an incredible amount of life that included sharks, turtles, sting rays, eels, and thousands of fish. Most important, they were safe, disciplined, and professional at all times - not once did I ever feel our safety was compromised. They exceeded our expectations and have gained our trust for the next time we or any friends are in that area.