“church isnt what it used to be”

San Pablo Catholic Church
Ranked #13 of 48 things to do in Marathon
Marathon, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“church isnt what it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

its been awhile since ive went to church on a regular basis so when i moved in down here i started going here. I found it really hard to pay attention to the mass. I was bored and wasnt focused on what they were saying. i felt like they were just reading and talk fromthe book... they werent preaching it like i am used too. WHen i go to church it needs to be attention grabbing and who ever your pastor is needs to get peoples attention, not lose it because he is boring !

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Enough to make you want to move there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

The beautiful people at this church are so very warm and welcoming that it felt like home away from home. The priest and deacon were wonderful, and the music so angelic, it brought tears to my eyes. We LOVE this church, and consider it one of our first stops when traveling to the Keys. It is always the highlight of our trip, and this community has much to be proud of when they consider their Christian hospitality! We also love their well stocked bookstore; that too, is a pleasure to visit. Don't miss their outdoor grotto, and the beautiful music that plays in the gardens. BEAUTIFUL!!!

2 Thank 2travelinFoolz
Barrington, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“wonderful atmosphere at church”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Beautiful church, modern, good acoustics, beautiful grounds..very inspiring.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Eileen02806
New York City, New York
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 222 helpful votes
“Marathon: Number one place to visit!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

My husband and I attended Mass here Sunday while we were on our vacation in Key Colony Beach. Not only were we blessed with a wonderful Mass and holy priests in a BEAUTIFUL Chapel, we were simply BLOWN AWAY by the Gardens here. We came upon paradise, unawares!!

If you happen to be in Marathon you need to visit this Church, no matter what religion you are. The grounds are simply amazing. I live in New York and we have a beautiful prayer garden at our parish, but nothing that compares to this. In addition there is a cute little gift shoppe and once AGAIN, I bought a few things lol.

San Pablo has a website but it does not do them justice. I tried to capture some of the beauty while I was there and will share my photos with you. If you enjoy beautiful gardens please visit this site. If you are Catholic then attending Mass here will be an enriching experience.
Enjoy and God bless! :)