“loved it!!!”
Review of Keys Cable

Keys Cable
Ranked #9 of 81 Tours in Marathon
More attraction details
Owner description: Islamorada’s adrenaline water sports pros Otherside Boardsports haverecently opened Keys Cable and the Otherside Adventure Park. Keys Cable is a new watersports cable park where adventure sports enthusiasts and curious newcomers alike can safely and cost effectivelyparticipate in wakeboarding, wakeskating, waterskiing, kiteboarding and Stand Up Paddleboarding.Located on the ocean side at mile marker 59 on Grassy Key, Keys Cable has two 2-tower cable systems that are independently operated atop of a seven acre tidal lake. Keys Cable notes itself as the first cable park in the world to offer full kiteboarding instruction with most cable operators being kiteboarding instructors themselves.The park’s independently controlled systems give the operator the ability to create a fully customized ride, with the fastest possible rate of progression due to the 1:1 rider:operator Ratio. More cost-effective than running a boat or jet ski, Keys Cable offers cable time rates beginning at $22 for half an hour or $32 for an hour as well as two-hour, half day, full day, monthly, seasonal and annual passes. Planning a birthday party or have a large group looking to maximize your time? Keys Cable also offers private rental options starting at $150.00 for an hour with additional rates available for private coaching and gear rental.All equipment available for rent at Keys Cable is state of the art and top of the line from the most reputable brands in the industry. The Keys Cable coaching squad is led by part Owner and professional kiteboarder / wakeboarder Matt Sexton. Come out soon and check out our world class facility with an awesome Island Vibe!!Keys cable is open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Chester, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“loved it!!!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

my family did a private session with matt on november 11th, it was worth every cent! matt was fantastic! the kids loved it, even did some jumps, matt took his time, taught the boys a few things. mike was our first contact very responsive, worked with our limited schedule to fit us in. very impressed with their professionalism and amazing customer service. these guys are great and got it going on!!! don't miss this, it is a blast!!

1 Thank jhourigan

Savannah
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Awesome for Kids!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Oh, great. Now my kids want Santa to bring wakeboards for Christmas....

Keys Cable is awesome. My kids had never tried wakeboarding - and I was pretty skeptical that they would manage to get up. With a 13 year old boy and twin 11 year old girls we gave it a try for half an hour and they were hooked. They begged for more and we booked an hour and a half for the next day...

The staff was great with kids. Start to finish - super positive, great instruction and our kids had an absolute blast. Bring your camera - lots of smiles, high-fives and fist bumps.

Mike and Matt are professionals doing what they love - so glad we didn't drive past the green X on the left before Marathon.

May as well put on my Santa suit...

Chester, Connecticut, United States
“Awesome time!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We visited Keys Cable on our trip to Marathon and had an amazing time! They opened up an hour early for us and allowed us to have private riding time. Matt was extremely patient with me and even let the boys try the jumps. He was a great teacher! It was a really great experience and I would suggest it to anyone even if you have never wake boarded! This is a must do while in the keys!!!!!

Sarasota, Florida
“Kiteboard - board riding training”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I am novice at kiteboarding who has been struggling to get the timing and 'knack' of getting up and running on a kiteboard. My instructor in Key West suggested that I visit Keys Cable and ask Matt (the owner) to assist with board training. I've just returned from this experience. I wish I'd known about this kind of training before, though I'm not sure many places do it. Matt's coaching was first class. He reinforced all the good things other instructors have told me. We then started the simulation training in a former quarry now filled with clean warm water. Virtually straightaway I could feel and see what should and should not be done with the board, and I could better picture how this relates back to combining it with the kite process. I wish now that my first kiteboading lesson had been in the same quarry, followed by kite training skills, then putting the two processes together, instead of the other way round. Two suggestions: start your kiteboarding using a system like Keys Cable; if you're struggling with getting up (as I did hugely) find somewhere like it. Matt and his small team are first class. His business is fairly new and the premises and facilities (other than the quarry and cable system which are excellent) are a bit rough-and-ready but that's not the reason you'll be going there. Henry Morris, age 63, 16 Oct 12.

Visited October 2012
South Daytona, Florida, United States
“BEST VACATION SPOT IN THE KEYS!!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I whent wakeboarding for the first time ever and was able to get up the firt try!My friend who has absolutaly no experiance with water sports of any kind and he got up is very first try also! Both the facility an the staff are amazing!!! It is money well spent!! Wether you have your own equipment or nothing at all you will have the best time and this will be the higlight of your vacation!!!!!!

Visited October 2012