“Reel Adventures”

Florida Keys Reel Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: I am Capt. Kevin Johnsen owner/operator of FKRA. I am a 33 plus year Middle Keys resident and have a great understanding of the desires and needs of my customers. My business caters to nearly everybody by building custom trips for all interests and skill levels. My goal is to provide a rewarding and successful day on the water and to ensure priceless memories within a safe and comfortable environment. I build lasting relationships and earn repeat customers with my unique style and easy going personality. The ocean is the reason we live here and I offer you affordable access to our waters from my custom 31' center console. My boat is a stable platform that outperforms most boats in its class, providing a quiet superior ride and custom set up. I specialize in reef fishing, offshore, shark, tarpon, electric deep drop and night fishing trips. Additionally I offer lobstering, spear fishing, snorkeling, sand bar and mermaid trips. All trips are private and completely customized for you.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Booked a half day charter with Captain Kevin Johnsen for my daughter and I, and had an awesome trip with lots of fish. Captain Kevin knew exactly where the fish were and how to catch em. He was great in explaining the proper tactics on both presentation and what to due once hooked up. He was very professional and a super fun, easy going guy. My daughter’s wrist hurt from all the fish she reeled in, and Kevin was working hard to bait our hooks and handle our fish. We had several delicious meals thanks to Kevin’s fillets. I would highly recommend Florida Keys Reel Adventures and Captain Kevin Johnsen.

Date of experience: June 2018
"wealth of knowledge"
"knew exactly where"
"lazy days"

Reviewed June 5, 2018

First trip to the Keys or Marathon for fishing. Kevin was one of the best guides we've ever had fishing.... anywhere! He really loves the sport and makes it enjoyable and educational as well!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 2, 2018

Chartered Kevin for an event of my bachelor party weekend for me and my best man. We had some tough conditions, no way around that. Kevin must be the hardest working captains in the game. He ran us all over and made sure that we came home with enough fish to feed us for weeks! His boat has all the amenities that you could want on a charter and he thinks about every minute detail. I recommend Kevin without reservation for literally anything you want to do on the water.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed May 25, 2018

Went out with Kevin on four trips in May! Never had a captain who is so dedicated and professionel to make it the trip of a lifetime.

Date of experience: May 2018