“Tarpon MASTER”

Florida Keys Reel Adventures
Ranked #4 of 81 Tours in Marathon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: I am Capt. Kevin Johnsen owner/operator of FKRA. I am a 30 plus year Middle Keys resident and have a great understanding of the desires and needs of my customers. My business caters to nearly everybody by building custom trips for all interests and skill levels. My goal is to provide a rewarding and successful day on the water and to ensure priceless memories within a safe and comfortable environment. I build lasting relationships and earn repeat customers with my unique style and easy going personality. The ocean is the reason we live here and I offer you affordable access to our waters from my custom 25' center console catamaran. My boat is a stable platform that outperforms all boats in its class, providing a quiet superior ride with the twin hull design and custom set up. I specialize in family fishing, reef fishing, deep wreck fishing, offshore trolling, lobstering, ,snorkeling and spearfishing. Additionally, I offer many other types of fishing and specialty trips, so please visit my website for more detailed information. See exactly what my customers are doing on their vacations. I hope to see you on the water soon and be the captain of your next ocean adventure!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tarpon MASTER”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Despite having very limited windows of good weather to get out on the water, Kevin got me and my wife out on the water at the last minute thanks to a lull in Tropical Storm Andrea's rain and wind. Went out for a little Yellow Tail fishing and was pulling them in like a conveyor belt. Ended up keeping 5 to bring back to our rental house to cook up. They were amazing, and frankly better than any of the seafood we ate in Marathon our whole trip! It was stellar!

Once the tide changed, we set up for some Tarpon fishing. After waiting for a little while and enjoying being on the water we had a strike on the line and immediately sprung into action. I ended up reeling in an estimated 90lb monster! It was awesome and physically exhausting.

Kevin is super professional, laid back, and totally took care of us. He's got a great attitude, and I will be sending my friends his way in the future. The next time we do some sport fishing in Marathon, Kevin is our guy.

Visited June 2013

Carbondale, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“FL Keys Reel Adventures - Awesome Guide!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Kevin Johnsen is a whirlwind of activity and enthusiasm. He let us custom design our group trip – to catch dinner while in the Keys. He effectively taught a group of fairly experienced anglers some new and very specific techniques to catch yellow tail snapper that impressed all of us. We responded by catching yellow tail and mutton snapper with light tackle in choppy seas. He did a great job providing a fantastic fishing experience, the grandest of meals, and dock side sushi complete with wasabi and soy sauce. Thanks, Kevin, for such a great outing and for being such a good coach!

Visited April 2013
“Best fishing day yet in the Keys!!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I went out fishing with Kevin, and it was a great day. Within five minutes of casting out I caught a yellow tail. He not only knew the best spots but taught me the best ways to catch fish. Never had to bait hook, or take one off the hook. The best part we caught so much we had fresh fish all week. Great day, will definitely fish with him next visit.

Visited May 2013
“Captain Kevin Will Put You On The Fish!!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I have known Kevin for a few years and I've rented his 20' boat a number of times and although it was great, I was only able to put us on some fish a few times. We chummed, baited, cruised, chummed, baited, cruised, etc. to no avail. In one day with Kevin, we caught more than all others combined. I've been fishing the keys for years and I've been on many Head Boats and charters. And even though I'm an avid fisherman and no slouch with a rod, Kevin took the time to make sure I was doing everything perfect... In addition, he made sure that my wife perfected her skills with patience and confidence. Definitely the Best fishing trip I have ever had... Up and down the coast. Btw, limited out on the biggest Snapper I've ever boated, Cobia, Sharks, Bonita, Bluefish, Etc... Definitely booking with Capt. Kevin again :)

Visited May 2013
College Station, Texas, United States
“On the Fish”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went down to the Keys and fished with Kevin on a recommendation from my brother. It was Awesome!!! Went fishing two days with Kevin and he put us on the fish quickly! What I thought was one of the best things was Kevin teaching my wife and me "how" to fish. Kevin works hard, is helpful, and is fun to be around!

Visited April 2013