“Perfect balance of instruction without being overbearing.”

Florida Keys Reel Adventures
Ranked #5 of 80 Tours in Marathon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: I am Capt. Kevin Johnsen owner/operator of FKRA. I am a 30 plus year Middle Keys resident and have a great understanding of the desires and needs of my customers. My business caters to nearly everybody by building custom trips for all interests and skill levels. My goal is to provide a rewarding and successful day on the water and to ensure priceless memories within a safe and comfortable environment. I build lasting relationships and earn repeat customers with my unique style and easy going personality. The ocean is the reason we live here and I offer you affordable access to our waters from my custom 25' center console catamaran. My boat is a stable platform that outperforms all boats in its class, providing a quiet superior ride with the twin hull design and custom set up. I specialize in family fishing, reef fishing, deep wreck fishing, offshore trolling, lobstering, ,snorkeling and spearfishing. Additionally, I offer many other types of fishing and specialty trips, so please visit my website for more detailed information. See exactly what my customers are doing on their vacations. I hope to see you on the water soon and be the captain of your next ocean adventure!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Forest City, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect balance of instruction without being overbearing.”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went out today (12/28). I was a bit skeptical because he was cheaper than the other charters we called - but he was awesome. He helped and showed us what to do exactly when we needed it without being overbearing. He was friendly and overall made the trip extremely enjoyable. He fileted thefish for us, showing the older kids what he was doing and how to do it. We would highly recommend him.

bahamas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“I felt comfortable in the water...for the first time!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have always been a bit freaked out by the world under water. But going out for a day of Snorkeling with Reel Adventures and Kevin was totally different. Kevin is so at home in the water, and cares about his guest so much, that he took the time to introduce me to the joys of snorkeling. I was even able to let go of his hand and swim around on my own after a bit!! Thanks Kevin, for my best day IN the water!!

Visited May 2012
Miami, Florida, United States
“Awesome trip!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We signed up for the spearfishing charter. We are fairly local. We live only 2 hours away, but wanted to find someone who knew the waters of Marathon really well. I did my research and we found Kevin. We were not disappointed! We've actually gone twice with him now, and I can't say how happy we are with both of our trips. I'm a very experienced spear fisherman, so I had high expectations going in and I was thoroughly impressed. Kevin is patient, knowledgeable and did a great job finding excellent fishing for us. We will definitely be back again!!! Thanks for the great trip!!!!

Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you don't go with Capt Kevin, then you're a moron.”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Capt Kevin is the best, through and through. Amazing trip, awesome boat. We wanted a loot of fish to bring home and eat for the next couple weeks, and he more than delivered! If you want a real captain with real expertise who is also incredibly cool, then Kevin is your man. The price was great and he even helped us filet our 23 Hogfish and prep our 13 Lobster tails. The guy goes above and beyond. It was my first time going out with him and my first time spearfishing, but you can be sure I will be back again and again and again. If you read this Kevin, thanks again! -Greg and Isabel

1 Thank Gregory H
Odessa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A REEL ADVENTURE!!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The name says it all!!!! I had the pleasure of chartering with Kevin last week on our annual keys trip for a spearfishing adventure. We have been going to the keys now for the past 12 years and this year was by far a REEL ADVENTURE. I have dragged my own boat down and even rented a boat to experience what the Keys has to offer and have never had such a nice day spearfishing. While we like to think we know the waters pretty well, there is no comparison to the knowledge Capt. Kevin has to offer. He takes the time to explain each location and what you will see and where on the reef or structure to head for different species. He gives excellent coaching on how to find your target fish, how to approach your target and how to set your shots for a perfect kill. We did not have nice weather but you would of never known it by the amount of fish I have in my freezer. We are going to make this part of our annual tradition. Thanks Kevin!