“Excellent Experience”
Review of Silver Palm Marine

More attraction details
Owner description: Boat and kayak rentals. Daily, weekly near shore or offshore. Full bait and tackle store.
Dunedin, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We did not rent a boat, but I was "stuck" there for 2 hours while my boat was being fixed next door. I had the opportunity to observe Aaron and Troy as they served customers.

They treated each one with kindness and respect. They were friendly and helpful to everyone. They answered questions of all sorts, gave great advice,and actually ran to the ramp if needed.

Please consider them if you need to rent a boat. They have all kinds from kayaks to offshore fishing boats. They also sell bait, live and frozen, tackle and gear, drinks and snacks. Their boat ramp is nice and they have lots of parking out front.

If you are going to rent a boat, why not from a place that really cares about the customer? I know I will be a loyal customer. Maybe I'll leave my boat at home next time and just rent!

Visited August 2012

Jupiter, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“They didn't have to, but did anyway!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I reserved the 13 foot Boston Whaler for Tueday, July 10, 2012 for a nice day of boating and docking at restaurants. Unfortunately, we encountered bad storms after being out a short while. We found refuge at a waterfront restaurant for breakfast and waited a long while for the storms to pass. After this, we didn't want the boat for the rest of the day and returned it.

Dion and Big Rick made sure that we could "finish" our boating day the next week during GREAT weather! They did not have to give us the 2nd 1/2 day as part of our one day rental, but wanted to make sure we were happy. It worked, we were very pleased with Silver Palm Marine! Thank You!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank John L
Dion W, General Manager at Silver Palm Marine, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
John,
Thank you so much for the review. I am glad we had the availability to let you get some more time on the water, that is one thing we have no control over down here... the weather! It was a pleasure to meet you and your family and look forward to seeing you again.
Dion Watson
GM
Jacksonville, Florida
“Really!?”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The first boat we rented had engine/fuel problems seven miles out into the Atlantic. They came out and gave us another boat. A few days later at the end of our trip they charged me over $250 for not filling up the first rental boat before returning it. Even though I did not have a chance to fill it up because it broke down in the Atlantic. The fuel charge was over $5 a gallon. Even after talking to them they still did not agree with me. I felt like I was the only one in the room that was thinking logically. I would have been happy to pay for the missing fuel but not at $5 a gallon when the rest of the island is around $3.80. With all the boat rental locations in Marathon I would sugest to use a different company. I have been coming down to Marathon for 12 years. This is the first experience with Silver Palms and it will be my last. I will tow my boat down next time.

Visited July 2012
, General Manager at Silver Palm Marine, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear, b s in Jacksonville,
First of all I want to apologize for the mechanical failure of the first vessel. We responed as quickly as possible to get you another vessel which was larger at no additional charge to minimize any lost time on the water. As far as the fuel charge, please understand that we use only non-ethanol and the price that you see at the pump on the road is significantly less than at the water fuel docks. The going rate for non-ethanol is anywhere from $4.40 to $5.67. It is true that we are high on our fuel as we only buy in small quantities to accommodate our rentals and cannot give a competitive rate to those that are actually in the fuel business. The rate for our fuel was discussed and written in our contract. I understand that you could not stop and fuel the vessel, but I assure you there is not much of a mark up on our fuel. I will be happy to call you and discuss what we can do to resolve your concerns in a way that you find equitable. I was out of town at a conference and was not on site to work with you on this. Our goal at Silver Palm Marine is to help make the best of your vacation. I will be in touch this afternoon.

Dion Watson
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Happy with our boat”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Our boat was clean, in great shape, and had a nice gps! The owner was nice and everyone was willing to help us find fish! She always answered our calls and was willing to help in anyway. Great boat, great experience. Would definitely rent from here again!

Visited June 2012
Dion W, General Manager at Silver Palm Marine, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Lisa,
Thanks so much for the great review! It was nice to meet all of you and it was a pleasure serving you. So glad that you had a great time and caught a few fish. We hope to see you next year.

Dion
Springfield, Missouri, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great service”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We rented a boat during our stay in the Keys and the boat was great and the service top notch. Thanks for a memorable vacation!

Visited May 2012